2006 Victory Jackpot fork oil [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 2006 Victory Jackpot fork oil

kingpot
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Good day to all the riders out there......today I decided to change out the fork oil but now I am just looking if anyone knows the exact amout to put back in?? The dealership here doesn't even know. I am not sure if I want to stick with the stock weight of 10W or go with the 15W. Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

kevinx
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
First...Do not go heavier then 10w. Doing so increases your dampening to much, and the bike will have a jarring ride over sharp bumps. That can really upset the chassis in a rough corner

Second....
Vic fork oil is not done by volume. It is done by level.
To start add 545cc to the leg.
Then measure from the top of the colapsed leg to the top of the oil with the preload spacer, and spring guide installed
Target measurment is 130mm[5.11"]
Add or subtract fluid to achieve measurment
By going to a measurment that is lower[120]. You can increase the spring rate slightly, but do not go crazy here

Note make sure you bleed the air from the tubes before you measure

kingpot
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
First...Do not go heavier then 10w. Doing so increases your dampening to much, and the bike will have a jarring ride over sharp bumps. That can really upset the chassis in a rough corner

Second....
Vic fork oil is not done by volume. It is done by level.
To start add 545cc to the leg.
Then measure from the top of the colapsed leg to the top of the oil with the preload spacer, and spring guide installed
Target measurment is 130mm[5.11"]
Add or subtract fluid to achieve measurment
By going to a measurment that is lower[120]. You can increase the spring rate slightly, but do not go crazy here

Note make sure you bleed the air from the tubes before you measure
This is the way I did it, although probably not the proper way. I just measured what came out of the drain hole and I put back in that same amount which was 1/2 liter or 500 ml. Took it for a ride and it seemed to do the trick. Oh and I did stick with the stock Weight oil.