questions [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: questions

hobo883
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I've been riding HDs since '94 and am really interested in trying a vegas 8 ball, can anybody give me an idea on performance over a ton of miles. I put normally 10000 plus in a 5 month span and I am tired of the on going maintenance that surrounds HD

diamondrmp
08-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Performance is great much better than HD.

Maintenance is oil, tires, air filter, cable lube and belt.

I forget what the new bikes interval is but the older bikes is 2500 miles for oil.

Cable lube 5000

air filter-when dirty

tires - when worn

belt- 25000 to 30000

diamondrmp
08-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question

miles2go
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
What Diamond has stated as far as maintenance goes is really all there is to it. I bought a 2007 8-Ball back in August 2007 and although I don't ride nearly the amount you do, the bike has been nothing less than great. Basic maintenance has been kept up and there have been no problems at all over the 28,000 miles I've ridden. It's a terrific bike I highly recommend to anyone.

seattlerob
08-11-2011, 04:05 PM
belt- 25000 to 30000

Really? For some reason I was expecting the belt to last a lot longer than that. Not sure if I read it somewhere or I'm just imagining it, but before reading this I though the belt would last at least double if not triple the above. I'm no expert though, so I'll have to take your word for it.

hobo883
08-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I appreciate the feedback, 95% on the verge of making the leap

miles2go
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Really? For some reason I was expecting the belt to last a lot longer than that. Not sure if I read it somewhere or I'm just imagining it, but before reading this I though the belt would last at least double if not triple the above. I'm no expert though, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Yea, I was a bit surprised when I heard about the belt's lifespan, too. I had to have mine replaced at 27k due to the fact that the overdrive pulley I had the shop install back in 2008 caused the belt to rub against the bolt tube in the pulley cover.

That said, taking a solid look at the belt beyond the very visible marks caused by the inside of the pulley cover revealed a lot more wear and tear. It was very obvious the belt was coming to the end of its life. So although one's initial perception may be that the belt should last longer, if you think about what it gets put through with each ride, it's impressive it lasts as long as it does.

That, at the least, is my take on the drive belt.

diamondrmp
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Per the owners manual it says replace at 30,000 miles.

hobo883
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
What Diamond has stated as far as maintenance goes is really all there is to it. I bought a 2007 8-Ball back in August 2007 and although I don't ride nearly the amount you do, the bike has been nothing less than great. Basic maintenance has been kept up and there have been no problems at all over the 28,000 miles I've ridden. It's a terrific bike I highly recommend to anyone. Still learning this forum system and thanks for the input, after 16 years it proves to be a difficult choice but I'm on the way

hobo883
08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Performance is great much better than HD.

Maintenance is oil, tires, air filter, cable lube and belt.

I forget what the new bikes interval is but the older bikes is 2500 miles for oil.

Cable lube 5000

air filter-when dirty

tires - when worn

belt- 25000 to 30000 Diamond, thanks for the response, difficult to make a change after 16 years but I'm hoping Victory proves my choice

CrossRoads
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM

5000 miles oil change intervals for 2011 and newer, 2500 miles for 2010 and prior.