Harley vs Victory - QUick Survey [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Harley vs Victory - QUick Survey

vicrider
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello Victory riders,

I am doing a project for my Marketing class in which I am comparing Victory and Harley Davidson motorcycles. I am sure you folks have certian opinions about both the motorcycles and I am interested in knowing them. Following is a short survey. I would greatly appreciate if you victory riders take a moment out to respond to it.

1) How long have you been riding motorcycles in general? How long have you been riding a Victory motorcycle specifically?

2) Are you a first generation cruiser rider or did your parents or grandparents ride cruisers?

3) What do you like about your Victory motorcycle?
a) Performance (engine, horse power etc)
b) styling (the way it looks)
c) price
d) other. Please Explain

4) Is your motorcycle your primary means of transportation? (Or do you own a car as well?)

5) On an average, how many miles do you ride per month?
100-500 500-1000 1000-2000 Over 2000

6) Are you Male or Female?

7) What is your age range?
Less than 25 25-35 yrs old 35-50 yrs old Over 50 yrs old

8) What is your income range?
Under 20k a year 21-50k 51-75k 75-100 over 100K a year

9) Do you belong to a Motorcycle related group? If not, would you like to be part of one?

10) Was your most recent bike purchase new or used?

11) If you could change 1 thing about Victory motorcycles, what would it be?

12) Would you ever buy a Harley Davidson? If no, why not?

Hammer guy
01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Hello Victory riders,

I am doing a project for my Marketing class in which I am comparing Victory and Harley Davidson motorcycles. I am sure you folks have certian opinions about both the motorcycles and I am interested in knowing them. Following is a short survey. I would greatly appreciate if you victory riders take a moment out to respond to it.

1) How long have you been riding motorcycles in general? How long have you been riding a Victory motorcycle specifically?
Been riding 5 yrs. About 1 week.

2) Are you a first generation cruiser rider or did your parents or grandparents ride cruisers?
1st one

c) price
d) other. Please Explain
All above

4) Is your motorcycle your primary means of transportation? (Or do you own a car as well?)
04 Chevy Silverado

500-1000

Male

over 50

51-75

9) Do you belong to a Motorcycle related group? If not, would you like to be part of one?
No. Maybe depend what it is.

05 Hammer. Brand new

A little more chrome. More reasonable price add ons.

came off a H-D.

trev0006
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Victory but I am biased :)

CamoHammer
01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
1 - 6 years
2 - first gen
3 - a, b, and c
4 - no
5 - 1000 - 2000
6 - male
7 - 49
10 - new 07 Hammer
11 - more seat options, more variety of add ons
12 - No, Too many on road, no individuality

Blatzman
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Hello Victory riders,

1) How long have you been riding motorcycles in general? How long have you been riding a Victory motorcycle specifically? Off and on for 25 years. Steadily for 5 years.

2) Are you a first generation cruiser rider or did your parents or grandparents ride cruisers? !st generation.

c) price
d) other. Please Explain All including the fact that the appearance of the Vision is a stand alone in the world of 2 wheelers.

4) Is your motorcycle your primary means of transportation? (Or do you own a car as well?) I also own a car.

100-500 500-1000 1000-2000 Over 2000 Between 1 and 2 K

6) Are you Male or Female? Male

9) Do you belong to a Motorcycle related group? If not, would you like to be part of one? I don't belong to any nor do I hold any interest in being in one.

10) Was your most recent bike purchase new or used? New.

11) If you could change 1 thing about Victory motorcycles, what would it be? I would like to see more parts and accessories in stock at the dealerships.

I would buy an older Harley more as a toy but not as a daily rider. I still like the looks of stock pans and admire the very early sportsters as well as the later cafe racer xlcr but i think Harley lost its passion for motorcycling. However if i was looking for beef jerky, toilet seat covers, billiard tables and supplies, wheel covers and floor matts, pet supplies and coffee and beer with a bar and shield logo i would shop at a Harley dealer.

william141
02-23-2009, 12:26 AM
for more details please visit
http://www.mastersmindtechnologies.com/freehosting

Gashouse Gorilla
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Hello Victory riders,

1) How long have you been riding motorcycles in general? 5 yearsHow long have you been riding a Victory motorcycle specifically?1 year

2) Are you a first generation cruiser rider or did your parents or grandparents ride cruisers?I'm a second generation rider

3) What do you like about your Victory motorcycle?A,B, and C
c) price
d) other. Please Explain

4) Is your motorcycle your primary means of transportation? (Or do you own a car as well?)No, I wish it was but I live in Maine (Short riding season)

100-500 500-1000 1000-2000 Over 2000 500-1000

6) Are you Male or Female?Male

7) What is your age range?25-35

8) What is your income range?51-75k

9) Do you belong to a Motorcycle related group? If not, would you like to be part of one?Yes

10) Was your most recent bike purchase new or used?Oil change kit, grips and LED blinkers

11) If you could change 1 thing about Victory motorcycles, what would it be?Victory needs a true gas gauge not just a low fuel light

12) Would you ever buy a Harley Davidson? If no, why not?I wouldn't say never, but it won't be the first place I look. Price is a big turn off.

Good luck in your class.

shubh
02-26-2009, 01:28 AM
for more details please visit
http://www.mastersmindtechnologies.com/familychoice

Guardrail
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Been riding since 1967

2nd Generation

a) Performance and handling
b) It looks really good
c) price (although it is getting higher)
d) other. It is not a Harley.

Two cars and four bikes.

500-1000

Male

over 50

75+

Yes an MRO (Fredom of Road Riders)

New, 06 Eightball

Lower the frame a bit, and controling the price of accessories.

I sold a 1992 Harley (fourth one I owned) to buy the Victory, I would not buy a new one. A Flathead 45 however:D?

grampi
09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not a Harley or a Victory owner, but I can tell you Victory builds much better motorcycles than does Harley. Harleys are nothing more than overpriced cult bikes.

NV Motors
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
1) How long have you been riding motorcycles in general? How long have you been riding a Victory motorcycle specifically? 40 years. Vic 5 months

2) Are you a first generation cruiser rider or did your parents or grandparents ride cruisers? My grandfather had a Harley in the teens.

a) Performance (engine, horse power etc) x
b) styling (the way it looks) x
c) price
d) other. Please Explain

4) Is your motorcycle your primary means of transportation? (Or do you own a car as well?) own car

100-500 500-1000 1000-2000 Over 2000 1-2000

6) Are you Male or Female? m

Less than 25 25-35 yrs old 35-50 yrs old Over 50 yrs old over 50

Under 20k a year 21-50k 51-75k 75-100 over 100K a year yes

9) Do you belong to a Motorcycle related group? If not, would you like to be part of one? yes HOG

10) Was your most recent bike purchase new or used? new

11) If you could change 1 thing about Victory motorcycles, what would it be? one color on the Visions. Like most Motorcycles insted of the matte silver pieces.

12) Would you ever buy a Harley Davidson? If no, why not? Yes, have one also

v2fan
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm 39 and have been riding for the past 15 years.I have owned many bikes, and ridden many more. I sell Harley's for a living. I have had the opportunity to take a Trade in home (05 Vegas) and get a good feel of what the bike is all about. If you want to compare Harley and Victory you need two separate scales. Harley is bound by tradition and Victory is not. Harley has tried to put out a more modern power plant (V-Rod) with luke warm results. If Victory did that now I think they as a company could get away with it. A lot of it has to do with they way the buyer and company come together.

v2fan
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
One thing I noticed with Victory is their use of clear coats on their parts. Triple tree and wheels. They are so easy to clean. Try that with Harley wheel. A very thin clear is on there that wears off fast.
I understand what each camp is trying to achieve. Harley just enough protection to cover it but let the natural finish shine through. Victory More protection that does hide some of that beauty. You may see Harley riders cleaning their bikes more often... there is a reason for it. Harley Paint it a little thicker and softer. That means you can rub out minor scratches easier. Victory is more like automotive paint thinner and harder. A little tougher to get that scratch out without going through the clear. Both are nice bikes. Just two different tastes in styles.