Indy GP [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Indy GP

waterbug
08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
We went to Indy down town for bikes on meridian and I only saw one vision and 3 Victorys total. There was thousands of bikes and was fun to see them all! There was way to many Harleys but to each their own. I will say the vision was getting a lot of attention and I hope to be able to trade my Venture in next year for a vision!

toejam
08-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Went last year, and there were few Victory's. I rode my Hammer there from Evansville, staying at my sister's place in Indy. You're right about the thousands of bikes around Meridian Circle (and way too many HD's). Just didn't have the time to go this year.

DTWOR
08-28-2011, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=toejam;43378] You're right about the thousands of bikes around Meridian Circle (and way too many HD's).

That's because Harley Davidson's a great bike.I just traded a 2010 Limited (26 k mi,41 states in 15 mo's) on an '11 Vision this weekend.From what I hear from the Vision riders I've talked to and what few miles I've ridden,I'm excited and believe my expectations will be more than met.I've ridden over 72,000 mi. on Twin Cams since Aug 2006 with only a bad radio to bitch about so I believe my new Vision has a lot to live up to. So why did I switch to a Victory Vision even though I've ridden 200k mi. on 6 Harley's since 1973 and enjoyed them all?Because I believe Victory's putting out a great product and after 38'yrs. I'm ready for a change.Who knows,maybe some day they'll be thousands of Victory riders having all the fun at Meridian Circle and a handfull of Harley riders on the outside looking in.

waterbug
08-29-2011, 07:40 AM
From the people I have talked to with the vision they won't go back to what they had before. Harley makes some nice looking bikes I just don't like the Harley attitude here with a lot of them and the cost to service them is high. I have a friend that buys a new street glide every 2 years. Great looking bike but when it's 500 for his oil changes and them to check the bike out every 3 to 4 thousand miles is to much for me. If he does it himself they have the option not to cover his warranty he told me. The guys with the visions I have talked to told me they do most of their own work and they are easy to work on so that's a plus for me!

RICZ
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=toejam;43378] You're right about the thousands of bikes around Meridian Circle (and way too many HD's).

That's because Harley Davidson's a great bike.I just traded a 2010 Limited (26 k mi,41 states in 15 mo's) on an '11 Vision this weekend.From what I hear from the Vision riders I've talked to and what few miles I've ridden,I'm excited and believe my expectations will be more than met.I've ridden over 72,000 mi. on Twin Cams since Aug 2006 with only a bad radio to bitch about so I believe my new Vision has a lot to live up to. So why did I switch to a Victory Vision even though I've ridden 200k mi. on 6 Harley's since 1973 and enjoyed them all?Because I believe Victory's putting out a great product and after 38'yrs. I'm ready for a change.Who knows,maybe some day they'll be thousands of Victory riders having all the fun at Meridian Circle and a handfull of Harley riders on the outside looking in.
WOW! Now here's a man with an open mind. I'll bet he doesn't vote a straight party ticket either. cheers

DTWOR
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
[quote=DTWOR;43455]
WOW! Now here's a man with an open mind. I'll bet he doesn't vote a straight party ticket either. cheers

Nope,straight republican.

RICZ
08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
[quote=RICZ;43525]

Please move to Portland, we need more of your kind here. We have a city council that's trying to make Berkeley, CA look conservative and succeeding. :mad:

waterbug
08-30-2011, 07:39 AM
I will say with most of the guys I ride with they don't like the looks of the vision but you like or hate it and I have loved it since it came out. I hate riding something like everyone else. The guys I ride with ride a little of everything but no victory bikes at all so far.

fishgutzy
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
[quote=RICZ;43525]

Warning: minor thread jack.
Smart man. He knows that only a free market economy can produce innovation like that seen in Victory motorcycles.
:D

I lean libertarian but mostly the choice is only an R or a D. D definitely stands for "DON'T!" :crzy:

(I love pointing out to people that sit around drinking their craft brews and bashing Reagan, they would not have that craft brew if it were not for Reagan. Before him they were illegal. And Anhauser Busch is currently pushing for regulations that will put many of the craft breweries out of business again. They won't get those regulations from R's.)

warnet
09-12-2011, 12:15 AM
From the people I have talked to with the vision they won't go back to what they had before. Harley makes some nice looking bikes I just don't like the Harley attitude here with a lot of them and the cost to service them is high. I have a friend that buys a new street glide every 2 years. Great looking bike but when it's 500 for his oil changes and them to check the bike out every 3 to 4 thousand miles is to much for me. If he does it himself they have the option not to cover his warranty he told me. The guys with the visions I have talked to told me they do most of their own work and they are easy to work on so that's a plus for me! I have a letter from Harley stating that one can do their own service work and it will not void the warrenty providing the service was done correctly. It is aganst the law to void the warrenty in this case anyway. twarne1731@gmail.com