Lowering kit for Kingpin [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Lowering kit for Kingpin

DeezVic
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm looking at adding the 1" Ness lowering kit to my KP. Will this throw off the angle of the front end? I understand the basic principle behind lowering the back end but what will it do to the front end?

68KingPin
08-30-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm looking at adding the 1" Ness lowering kit to my KP. Will this throw off the angle of the front end? I understand the basic principle behind lowering the back end but what will it do to the front end?

DeezVic,
I took my Ness Links off because on the '04 I would have to mod the front sprocket cover and move my rear wiring harness and relocate the floorboards (to avoid scraping). It's really not that hard to accomplish. But instead I went with the quicker easier route and put the stock links back on and just got a good deal on a KingPin Low seat, which dropped me an inch or so.

As far as the handling of the bike after being lowered, I would say the handling would change a bit. But I couldn't get over the feeling of scaping the floorboards if i took a turn too aggresively so I never pushed it too hard.

But maybe Kevin X, Diamond, or CrossRoads can chime in and give you a better answer as they are a few of the resident experts.

let me know if you decide to go with the Ness Links (Black). I had a set on my '04 Pin for a couple hundred miles. I'm going to sell, but if you want them for $50 they're yours.

DeezVic
08-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks tons. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I'll let you know about the lowering bars but I think until I get the other things done.I'm going to leave her be. Thanks again.