Noob w/ question [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Noob w/ question

DaKine
09-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi guys/ladies - like many others who posted on this forum, I am new to the forum and looking forward to being part of the community. I have a few questions, for the past 6+ years road a sportsbike, sold the bike and just bought a Jackpot.

The bike came with a 1 piece drive/passenger seat, I am looking to buy a backrest and haven't seen what I'm looking for yet. Is there any backrest out there for this year & model??? The bike looks great w/o the backrest but my 7 yr old son constantly wants to ride w/ me so I want him to have some back support. Are there are removable backrest out there?????

I also want to make other mods such as handlebars, mirrors, license plate mount, led/HID lights, exhaust, and many more but got to do this project a little at a time.

diamondrmp
09-03-2011, 11:49 PM
There is no backrest for that seat. That is a ONE up seat meaning it isn't made for a passenger.

Victory does sell a passenger seat but you have to buy a new rider seat also.

They also have a one piece rider and passenger seat.

The Jackpots used to come with the rider and passenger seat and the seat you have is an option. They switched it around now.

Use the search feature and you will find the answer to a lot of your questions.

NOEMTZ
09-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I use the outlaw chrome/tomahawk sissy bar and pad on my jackpot.
Also, I sell mirrors, maybe I can help with those. For handlebars...the very common ones are the fly bars or pull backs found all over the web and sometimes eBay. But if you do bars....upgrade your controls too with some ness rad III controls...they function and flow nicely with bars mentioned.

As for seats....pretty much depends on your needs and taste due to limited options. Victory has a couple, Corbin makes one, and ness has one sold by victory.

Hi guys/ladies - like many others who posted on this forum, I am new to the forum and looking forward to being part of the community. I have a few questions, for the past 6+ years road a sportsbike, sold the bike and just bought a Jackpot.

The bike came with a 1 piece drive/passenger seat, I am looking to buy a backrest and haven't seen what I'm looking for yet. Is there any backrest out there for this year & model??? The bike looks great w/o the backrest but my 7 yr old son constantly wants to ride w/ me so I want him to have some back support. Are there are removable backrest out there?????

I also want to make other mods such as handlebars, mirrors, license plate mount, led/HID lights, exhaust, and many more but got to do this project a little at a time.

DaKine
09-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Thank you for the quick reply guys, it really helps and I just learned something new.

neverfastenuff
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I have a 2007 jackpot and bought the 2 up seat from corbin. It was pricey but what a difference in comfort. Also the passenger seat is a inch wider than the victory seat so a little more cushion, although a young child probably doesn't need the width. The model I have is the smuggler. Sometimes it's better to spend a little up front then being disappointed.