Custom wheel ideas [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Custom wheel ideas

brad
09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Tossing around some ideas I had and doing a little bit of research I want to know if this is possible.

1. Running a 120/70r21 front tire, white wall of course (on 21x3.25 80 spoke wheel)

2. I have no idea what the rim width is on the back but it looks as if there's room to run a 1" wider wheel/tire combo. So I'd like to match a 1" wider 16" 80 spoke rear wheel as well.

Just tossing some ideas out there to see what my options are. I like the stock wheels but I want more spokes and at least a larger front wheel but still use a white wall.

Evil_Earl
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Tossing around some ideas I had and doing a little bit of research I want to know if this is possible.

1. Running a 120/70r21 front tire, white wall of course (on 21x3.25 80 spoke wheel)

2. I have no idea what the rim width is on the back but it looks as if there's room to run a 1" wider wheel/tire combo. So I'd like to match a 1" wider 16" 80 spoke rear wheel as well.

Just tossing some ideas out there to see what my options are. I like the stock wheels but I want more spokes and at least a larger front wheel but still use a white wall.

If the axle is the same diameter as an hd axle you can run any hd rim you want. If the axle is different diameter you can probably find bearings to make it work. It's just a matter of finding the right bearings and spacers. I had a hd rear wheel on my Honda.

brad
09-12-2011, 07:01 AM
If the axle is the same diameter as an hd axle you can run any hd rim you want. If the axle is different diameter you can probably find bearings to make it work. It's just a matter of finding the right bearings and spacers. I had a hd rear wheel on my Honda.

I guess my concern is mainly on how much of a difference runing a 21" front wheel will make. I have found a place that makes custom wire wheels for motorcycles including the hubs to match any OEM bearings. The 21 is almost 3" taller in overall diameter than the OEM front wheel/tire. I'm wondering how much that will affect the geometry of the bike unless I do the front fork rake kit as well to help with bringing the front end back down.

I need to find a good photoshop guy to try and crop a pic with the wheels I'm looking for.

Evil_Earl
09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
I guess my concern is mainly on how much of a difference runing a 21" front wheel will make. I have found a place that makes custom wire wheels for motorcycles including the hubs to match any OEM bearings. The 21 is almost 3" taller in overall diameter than the OEM front wheel/tire. I'm wondering how much that will affect the geometry of the bike unless I do the front fork rake kit as well to help with bringing the front end back down.

I need to find a good photoshop guy to try and crop a pic with the wheels I'm looking for.

Here's a rake and trail calculator

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html

kfxgeenie
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Put some fat spokes on there. Give the new old school boober some new old school wire wheels.

http://sinisterwheel.com/wheels/bigdaddy

The Black and white fat spokesthumb up.

Sinister does cut wheels specific for victory's

As far as the front end goes your probably best off to find a vegas 8 ball or kingpin 8 ball font end. Kingpin would handle better and be eaiser to space the wheel but i think the traditional style of the vegas 8 ball would look better. Plus the vegas 8 ball has the geometry set up for the 21" wheel already.