Heat Troller / triler hitch [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Heat Troller / triler hitch

dan stevenson
09-26-2011, 05:50 PM
I am new to the forum, 2nd Victory. Has anyone ever installed a heat controller for heated garments on the vision? I am also thinking about a trailer hitch for the vision. I am planning a trip to Alaska in 2012. Any information would be appreciated.

DTWOR
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I have Gerbing's Jacket and gloves with the dual controller that works well.I mounted a powerlet plug off the rear motor mount which keeps the leads short and not slapping the paint.Also plug a batt. tender in here.I've heard of a wireless(remote) controller out there,probably pretty pricey and some handle bar,fairing mount ones too,search the web you'll find some.As far as a trailer hitch for a Vision,can't help you there.

rfreddy
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
i recently purchased a 2011 8-ball.. and would like to do the same thing you did... which powerlet did you buy? did it come with that mounting bracket or did you make it... any help you can give me would be appreciated.. thanks in advance...

DTWOR
09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
i recently purchased a 2011 8-ball.. and would like to do the same thing you did... which powerlet did you buy? did it come with that mounting bracket or did you make it... any help you can give me would be appreciated.. thanks in advance...

Hey rfreddy,go to http://www.powerlet.com it's #PSO-006.I made the bracket out of a piece of 12ga.x 1 1/4" flatbar and painted it black.I had the plug laying around from a project I did on the Harley Limited I traded for the Vision.I originally planned on mounting a flush mount plug in the removeable tank panel in front of the seat but didn't have time to order the plug.I ran 2 14Ga wires in 3/8 vinyl
wire loom from the batt. up between the left side gas tank and side panel then under the seat and out the lower left panel under the seat with a 15A fuse link at the batt. end.I only use it for the heated gear and plugging in a batt. tender so directly off the batt. works the best.You're not going to leave your heated gear plugged in unless you're sitting on the bike running.There is a switched acc. plug connector under the panel in front of the seat but I used that to power up my GPS and Sirius radio.Hope this Helps One other thing I made a rubber gasket and pumped the inside of the plug with RTV silicon to keep moisture out and the spade connectors from working loose.

rfreddy
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
that is exactly what i want it for.. heated gear and battery tender.. i already have my GPS hooked up as well... i can manage that minimal amount of work.... appreciate your help...

visionjohnny
09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
For the trailer hitch wiring under the rear panel in the taillight wiring is two sockets for trailer wiring.
Make sure you test first to see what is hot and what is not