Speedometer [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Speedometer

busajack
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok, who has an idea for putting LEDs or flood lights:ltr: in the speedo. I would really like to see the dam thing. Lots of info to click through while cruzing.cheersthumb up

High_Ball_ken
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Ok, who has an idea for putting LEDs or flood lights:ltr: in the speedo. I would really like to see the dam thing. Lots of info to click through while cruzing.cheersthumb up

Busa
Did you pay to have the speedo opened up for that second stage of indicators?
I want that second trip meter.
Let me know if you did and what all you got with the package.
Thanks
Ken

busajack
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Busa
Did you pay to have the speedo opened up for that second stage of indicators?
I want that second trip meter.
Let me know if you did and what all you got with the package.
Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken, thanks, just noticed I don't have the 2nd trip meter. Read somewhere about unlocking the speedo but now forget where I seen it. My dealer wouldn't know what Iam talking about. Is it in the owners manual?
Together maybe we can figure it out.cheers

High_Ball_ken
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Ken, thanks, just noticed I don't have the 2nd trip meter. Read somewhere about unlocking the speedo but now forget where I seen it. My dealer wouldn't know what Iam talking about. Is it in the owners manual?
Together maybe we can figure it out.cheers

Hi Busa
You have to pay for the CODE then the dealer flashes the computer and let's you have the new code card for your wallet.
This unlocks the second tier of your speedo.
It is a dealer deal though.
Let me know what you find out.

I found the CODE can be bought directly from Victory but it doesn't make sense why you would since you need to go to the dealer to buy the flash labor. That's another $35.00 I was told.

busajack
10-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Busa
You have to pay for the CODE then the dealer flashes the computer and let's you have the new code card for your wallet.
This unlocks the second tier of your speedo.
It is a dealer deal though.
Let me know what you find out.

I found the CODE can be bought directly from Victory but it doesn't make sense why you would since you need to go to the dealer to buy the flash labor. That's another $35.00 I was told.

What a racket. Just bought the wifey a new car and don't have to pay to open anything.
I'am afraid to let the dealer try it even though he will do it for nothing. Any puter guys want to try to hack this digital wrench like we did to the Rocket llls cheers

High_Ball_ken
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
What a racket. Just bought the wifey a new car and don't have to pay to open anything.
I'am afraid to let the dealer try it even though he will do it for nothing. Any puter guys want to try to hack this digital wrench like we did to the Rocket llls cheers

Actually Busa you pay every time you open the door!

If you guys find out what makes this thing tick let me know.

My dealer told me that this new CODE they sell you is on a card you need to keep with the bike. If you are ever on the road and it has to be reflashed you will need that code.
Racket? You bet!
Thanks to computers.