Best pipes for a 2009 Ness Jackpot [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Best pipes for a 2009 Ness Jackpot

09nessjackpot
10-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Can anyone tell me what are the best pipes for a 2009 Ness Jackpot?

I'm looking for a deep throaty sound and performance.

The bike has the stage 2 cams and an S&S Big Sucker air box with Victory's slash pipes.

For me these pipes are too quiet at idle for such a big motor!!!

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about pulling the baffles and installing Thunder Monsters QQ baffles, or getting a new set of pipes.

BanditSRT8
10-20-2011, 01:05 AM
The only ones that really, truly qualify as deep and throaty on our motors is the Hard Krome Sideburner.

This is because it is a very large diameter, fat pipe. Most everything you come across for a Freedom motor will be fairly skinny. Many will have a raspiness to the sound as well.

You'll find plenty that sound good, plenty that are loud (I really like the Conquest Customs Octanes), but the only ones I know of that have that muscle car, deep & throaty, rumbling sound are the Sideburners. They sound amazing, but the downside is that they are not the most attractive pipes to most folks.

Your bike came with the Slashness pipes standard (you have my favorite Vic by the way), which are quieter than say, the RPW Slash pipes that I have. The RPW's are shorter, so they are louder. So just keep in mind that aside from the Sideburners, the shorter you go, the louder they get.

Jeeves
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Good question. I may have to look into those pipes. I have a 06 jackpot. Was looking to get a new exhaust as well.

09nessjackpot
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
The only ones that really, truly qualify as deep and throaty on our motors is the Hard Krome Sideburner.

This is because it is a very large diameter, fat pipe. Most everything you come across for a Freedom motor will be fairly skinny. Many will have a raspiness to the sound as well.

You'll find plenty that sound good, plenty that are loud (I really like the Conquest Customs Octanes), but the only ones I know of that have that muscle car, deep & throaty, rumbling sound are the Sideburners. They sound amazing, but the downside is that they are not the most attractive pipes to most folks.

Your bike came with the Slashness pipes standard (you have my favorite Vic by the way), which are quieter than say, the RPW Slash pipes that I have. The RPW's are shorter, so they are louder. So just keep in mind that aside from the Sideburners, the shorter you go, the louder they get.

Actually the bike came with the ugly stock pipes, the previous owner put the Victory slash pipes on which extend past the rear axle. I've seen the one's that look similar but are a foot or so shorter and thought the short one's were the Ness pipes, but I see they are made by several others now!

I checked out the RPW pipes and saw a few video's on youtube, the Big Slash looks great and sounds really good too! Thinking about getting those or the Ness slash pipes.

BanditSRT8
10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes, I forgot about the Big Slash, they should be deeper than most as well.

Odd about the exhausts you mentioned on your bike over time. The 09 Ness came with the Slashness pipes (long slash pipes). To have ugly pipes that look like regular stockers would be strange.

Cumminszhere
10-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I ordered a set of HardKrome Sideburners for my 06 JP. Iím not sure yet if I like the 4Ē turnout but I didnít want a set as loud as my SRVT chrome aces.

I will post my impressions when I mount them.

09nessjackpot
10-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes, I forgot about the Big Slash, they should be deeper than most as well.

Odd about the exhausts you mentioned on your bike over time. The 09 Ness came with the Slashness pipes (long slash pipes). To have ugly pipes that look like regular stockers would be strange.

Here is a pic of the bike as advertised, it shows the pipes that came with the bike, I think they are ugly and way too quiet!

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Victory-CoryNessJackpota.jpg

BanditSRT8
10-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Strange, now I'm seeing them both ways (plenty of pics with the ugly stockers on there too).

Oh well.