Want a used Vision with ABS [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Want a used Vision with ABS

johnah5
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi guys
I am interested in buying a bike with ABS. Didn't realize the vision had ABS before 2012.

Can anyone tell me when the ABS started with the vision so I can limit my search?

Any thoughts between the vision and the cross country? The dealer said they are night and day because of different frames.

Thanks
john

bcdad
11-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Riding styles should influence your decision on which bike. If you ride any distances at all, look harder the Vision, extremely comfortable and great handling. I am one of those cross the country types and it was a no brainer for me. You will also appreciate the way the Vision handles the twisties, as though it were on rails.thumb up

Evil Genius
11-25-2011, 06:29 PM
My dealer has a used 2011 VV in the showroom and it has ABS. My 2009 does not. I don't know if the '10 models do or not.

CrossRoads
11-25-2011, 07:03 PM
... I don't know if the '10 models do or not.

2010 Victory Vision Tour ABS model was the first Victory with standard ABS brakes.

However, in 2009, Victory offered ABS as a factory installed option on the Vision. For a 2009 Vision to have ABS, it would have had to be ordered by the Victory dealer with the ABS option. Apparently not many 2009 Visions were ordered with ABS since the dealers were probably afraid of being stuck with an even more expensive model. Therefore, finding a 2009 with ABS might be a bit tough, but not impossible.

Good luck with the search.

Aussie Jack
11-25-2011, 11:58 PM
I had to wait a few months for a 2010 with ABS here in Australia to be able to be sold because of government approval required for the change to ABS. I believe 2010 is the first year it became an option, at least here in Australia. I was at the dealers last week and was told that at least now they are being supplied European models instead of a mix of models with their small differences.
As for differences between vision and crossroads best to try both. The mechanic there thought the vision had a small advantage because of the electric windscreen and both are great bikes. I will ask if I can ride a crossroads next time so I can comment.