Back Firing [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Back Firing

jimmysvegas
12-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I have a 2009 vegas. I had LLoydz torque tubes put in along with a fuel controller. I also have RPW pipes with out the baffles. I had LLoydz dyno my bike 3 months ago. My problem is that it keeps back firing, what is causing this and how can I get this fixed?

Tarzan
12-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Form what I understand, Lloyd sells an idle air control valve that will reduce the backfiring on the closed loop bikes.But it doesn't completely
get rid of backfiring. Since he did your work, why not give him a call. He is very helpful.

jbb01
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Idle air valve does help but like before mentioned...not completely. Shoot Lloyd an email and he should be able to give you some settings for fuel controller to help you out.

jimmysvegas
12-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks guy's, I do have an air idle controller that Loydz set up. I guess I will give him a call to see what he recommends.

ashmostro
12-04-2011, 03:02 AM
would be interested to know if and how you fix this symptom. my bike is similarly configured and no matter how i adjust both the AIV and/or the fuel trims the popping on decel is intense... i know some is expected but the amount I have is unreasonable. I have even taken measures to use sealant on exhaust joints where i might have a leak.

Bikendad
12-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Maybe installing some baffles would help?

rek58
12-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm guessing the exhaust may be the culprit or be playing a part in it. We have seen problems with the downswept exhausts (especially on '08s) cause some issues with popping and backfiring on decel. The air valve does help, but isn't a cure all. Reach out to others with your type of exhaust and see if they have the same issues.

RLJ3RD
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Check THOROUGHLY for exhaust leaks!