Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Eugene Area Victory Riders

39K views 217 replies 14 participants last post by  Dezl Cowboy 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the place.

Announce where and when a ride is happening to wherever.

Discuss local Victory events.

Lets have some fun and crank out a few miles together.

KEN

#3 ·
Im in SW Portland so not too far from you... Keep me posted! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#4 ·
I'm headed up to Corvallis tomorrow to connect with Spamaster (from *** forum). He want to see my Madstad windshield brackets. We are meeting near the fire station at NW Harrison and 4th. (maybe the Burger King or McDonald's to use the restroom) We'll probably go for a ride somewhere from there. So far; we are meeting there at 11 AM unless the weather guesser are correct about a bit of freezing fog, then it might be later.KEN

#7 ·
We ended up going on Sunday instead of Saturday. The damp cold fog is not my favorite thing to ride in. We met at Peoria Park on Peoria Rd.

We BS'ed for over 2 hours about our old bikes and the new XCT''s we both got around Thanksgiving. It started cooling off. We headed north on Peoria Rd. We split off at Highway 34. Gary headed west and I headed east on 34. I went home the long way. 34 to Seven Mile Rd. to Brownsville. At the south end of Brownsville is Northern Rd to the east that connects to 228 after a bunch of corners. After Crawfordsville I went south on Brush Cr Rd back to Springfield. I got about 100 more miles on my odometer.
Once we get more local Victory riders this should be a great place to find out about rides. Wandering out of your normal rides to find out about other riders local rides will be fun.
Later, KEN

#8 ·
Ken, if the weather prognosticator is accurate, Eugene is supposed to be dry and 60 today. Are you gonna take advantage? We're drowning up here in The People's....er Portland. If we ever get a respite from this stuff, maybe we (and others) can meet at a half way point -- would that be Albany?

#9 ·
Yes Ritz
I am planning on getting off work around 3 and riding a few country roads.
I'm sure there are a bunch of nice roads between Albany and Pdx that "need" to be ridden. Maybe you could show us a few when the days get longer and dryer.

#10 ·
Ken,
My internal GPS has never worked well and can't remember a road I've been on for beans. As I can recall, 213 is about the only alternative to I-5, unless you know more routes. Ever go into oregonmotorcyclist.com?

#11 ·
Ricz
I hope you have an external GPS to assist you in your travels.

The grandkids are up in Oregon City, so sometimes I'll take 213 instead of boring I-5. It's a great bike road.

Oregon Motorcyclist is a great site. Steve did a lot of work building and research all the roads. I have ridden about 3/4th of the routes. The routes near John Day are GREAT. Using this site for some rides once in a while might be a good start.

#12 ·
213 is OK until you are approaching Oregon City, then it gets trafficky. But then, that's your point B.

Not a huge fan of GPS, prefer the paper maps. My GPS (Gertrude) has steered me wrong more times than I would like. She's OK the finding city addresses, but she's not invited along on country rides.

I'm hoping to put some serious miles on the XR this summer and OregMotorcyclist and Pashnit.com will be my copilots. 10-4 on the area around John Day. thumb up

#13 ·
Im riding Portland to Waldport tomorrow if anyone wants to tag along. Am staying at my folks so wont be able to ride home tomorrow but thought id check if anyone wants to ride over with me...

#14 ·
Taking the Alsea River road? One of the best rides in the area. Wish I could make it BT.
R

#15 ·
Yes Sir! Hwy 34! I just hope its clear around Marys Peak and hope theres not too much gravel.... Wish you could come too...thx

#17 ·
Have a nice ride BT. I went over to Newport in the work van on Tuesday. There was a little sand and frost at the top of hwy 20. I'm betting that once you get over to the west side of the coast range it will be a bit warmer.
Are you taking 213 south from Portland?
What day are you coming back? I'm thinking of going over to the coast at Reedsport and then north to Florence or Waldport on Saturday or Sunday. KEN

#16 ·
It can be pretty cruddy this time of year. Remember, it was freezing a few days ago and they could have sanded that road.

#18 ·
Coming home Saturday, probably midday after it warms up... Let me know if youll be around... Thx for the report on 20.

#20 ·
I'm going to go to the coast today. I think I will leave Springfield about 10:30. Hopefully it will be above 32* with a little less fog. I will be going south to Reedsport and then north on 101. The weather on the coast is already way nicer then the Willamette valley.

What's for lunch BT?

#19 · (Edited)
It's 8 am, 30 degrees, foggy and frosty in the Reed College neighborhood. Hope its warmer where you are BT.
Its now Friday evening....how was the ride. Inquiring minds want to know.

#22 ·
As you grow older, your father will get smarter. Its happening already. You were wise to turn back. You have been wiser to not have even considered such an undertaking, but....

#25 ·
You are right Sir! My dad started getting smarter about the time I hit 25 I suppose.... Funny how that works...

#26 · (Edited)
I made it home. It was a beautiful sunny say in Florence, Oregon. The temperature was a balmy 51*. I got to here in the sun and then that was it. Back to FOG after this so, I turned around.

You can see the fog line in picture. I went back to 126 and headed inland. It was sunny till almost the tunnel.

I washed the bike when I got home, still dressed in my riding clothes. I'm surprised the bike didn't grow some icicles. I washed in because I wanted to get the road spray and deicer off.

#27 ·
Glad you made it home safe! You are a beast Man! Nice!!

#28 ·
I wussed out and helped pretty wife chop things down in the yard. I put a lot of miles on a pruner. Glad you made it there and back safe and sound and had the time to remove the road crud.

#29 ·
First time poster here. Bought my Jackpot last March and ride it every chance i get at least around town. Took a few trips last summer, nothing huge but the one trip to Sisters. I need to get over the eugene to Greg Cohen's to get some programing done but Hwy 126 is just too iffy with spots i know never see the light of day even in the summer....So i cruz around town to keep from winterizing the bike!! Nothing like a BLack bike in the winter sun!!!!
I live in the same block as Benny's Cafe where Ken stopped and we chatted a bit. He caught me polishing my bike so if any of you stop in, Bang on the two car garage facing the parking lot and yell for Mike, My dog will probably bark at you and will get my attention too!! You can also pop me an email at JestRR@msn.com and that goes to my phone an we can get together and BS over lunch.

#33 ·
Hey... I know that lighthouse.... Promontory Coast Cliff Cape Headland

Welcome JestRR! My folks live in Waldport... Will look you up on my next ride down...

#34 ·
Photo caption reads....
Taken at a viewpoint on Hwy.101 just north of the Sealion Caves. With the Hecata (Ah-say-ta) Lighthouse in the background.

#35 ·
The Heceta Head Lighthouse (ha-sea-ta) is probably had more pictures taken of it that any other one thing on the Oregon Coast. It was renovated last summer. I have not been inside it since the renovation. I remember playing at Devils Elbow State Park, under the lighthouse as a kid.

Stolen from the web.

#36 ·
Great memories for me as a kid too... Heres another big time photo stop just north of Florence... Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

#41 ·
Ken,
Was perusing the Pashnit forum and was wondering if you are seriously considering the OR/CAL ride. I'm ambivalent at this point, but I do have pretty wife's blessing. C'mon and convince me to get off the fence and commit to going.

#42 ·
I'm definitely going. I already have the time off from work. I'll be leaving Thursday after work (3 ish) and riding partway. I will head north on Monday or Tuesday. My wife and I will then do something for the 4th and the weekend. That week might be a 2000 mile week, counting both trips. It's about 600 miles (one way) to West Point, Ca. West Point is in the heart of the state of "Jefferson" riding country.
This will be my 3 rd OR/CA Gathering.

#47 ·
So you two Pashnit veterans, i have been perusing their website and seeing some pretty fun looking tour routes. I also like that everyone doesnt ride together in a long line..

One thing i cant figure out though is what is included in the tour price? Is lodging and food seperate? I cant seem to figure that out.

Also Ken, what did you mean by free lodging above?

Thanks, BT

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#48 · (Edited)
BT, One of the Pashnit forum members is offering his home in West Point, CA as a base for 3 days of riding the area around there. The usual lodging is a motel. Go to pashnit.com/forum and go to the thread "Ore/Calif Pashnit Gathering 2013." Log on while you are at it, its free while the other site is $20/year. Lots of road reports and videos on the forum too. You'll notice a thread about Sylvia "Fishy" passing away. She was a fellow Victory rider and all around nice gal.

Another neat thread is the one entitled: Attack of the twisties / Kings Canyon...

#49 ·
I'll check it out. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.