Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Trailer Hitch/Receiver

11K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Shuffles 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a receiver on their Vision? If so which brand did you go with and do you have any pics & any addl input/comments on the install process?? Thanks

#3 ·
Bushtec and Cyclemate make hitches for the Vision.
I installed mine in about 3 hrs. and you do not have to remove the rear wheel. The hardest part for me was hooking up the electrical. A lot of body panels had to come off the rear to get to the wires I needed. I needed a 5 wire connector because my trailer had seperate turn signals. Had to call a friend over to help. Without his help I could have fried the wiring trying to make 4 wires work with 5. It took longer to do the wiring than installing the hitch.

Buster

#5 ·
Hitchdoc. It is a very straight forward install. I pull an Uni-Go trailer.

#7 ·
I installed a Hitch Doc on my 2011 XC, easy enough. Only problem I found a few of the supplied bolts were short, called them and they offered to send replacements, I had already bought some new ones. They stated the proper ones would be sent with future hitch packages.
Did not have to remove the tire, just the bags and the seat.

You would have to do some checking, I doubt that there is any difference between a 2011 XC and a 2012 XCT as far as mounting a hitch. This is my third Hitch Doc, never a problem with the hitch.

Good luck.

#8 · (Edited)
thank you everyone for your input, I have decided to go w/the hitchdoc, hopefully it will not show in the rear when the ball is removed? Had to order the harness from open road outfitters so will have to wait to see how his install instructions work out? :crzy:

#9 ·
The receiver will not show to any extent when it is installed. I got my wiring harness from electricalconnection.com and it was easy to wire in and the instructions were pretty clear. Just take your time and use a tester to be sure before yu finish your connections. Remember to turn the switch on the right handlebar on when testing your work. Don't ask.......

#10 ·
any pics from yall!!

#14 ·
Harness

Yes, my harness is on the right side tucked it. There is a small box area that I tuck it into. I have a longer wire on the trailer that way you don't have a wire dangling from the back of the bike all the time.

#15 ·
None here, not much to see and I didn't take any along the way. Once you have it installed, unless somebody knows what to look for, you really don't see much, depending on how you hide the plug wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.