Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Service Manuals

182K views 190 replies 96 participants last post by  i2i 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Can you give me a little more info please. Maybe a Print Screen of what you see. You can do that by pressing ctrl and Print Screen on your keyboard then pasting it into your Paint program on your Windows machine if you have one. I dunno about Mac's. You would need to put that picture on a host site like Photobucket. I know it sounds complicated but once you do it - it's easy and you then have a place to host pics in the future.

It worked for me, although the first attempt timed out. I had to hit reload before I got the file to download.
I wonder if it's busy. I also wonder if it's best to open an account with them to make it download better.

Thank you both for helping me figure out if this is going to work for the forum.

#6 ·
Thanks again. That's just so weird how it can work for one person and then do something crazy like take you to a youtube vid. Thanks again for the help.

I'm kinda at a loss on how to fix this one way or the other. If anyone has an idea (that doesn't cost money); I'd sure like to hear it. I don't mind doing the work if the host site works like it's suppose to.

#7 ·
Bob...it worked fine on my iPad too and that's saying something. LOL Actually, I think it uses the Safari browser...but again, it worked on the iPad.

Thanks for posting...I opened the paint codes...very helpful.

Wally

#8 ·
Had no problems with the download at all using IE 9. Quality is great, better than the printed book I purchased from Victory for $135. I always purchase a factory service manual for every vehicle I buy and the Vic manual is a photocopied POS. Very disappointed with it

#9 ·
Worked ok for me on firefox. Just make sure Javas enabled and any script blockers are off. If it times out, just keep hitting refresh as someone else said. The page may not come up but the download box will. Thanks BBob. Hoping I can find the 2012 covering my highball before i have to pay the dealer over a C for it.

#12 ·
I just ordered one for a 2012 Vegas 8Ball that covers most (if not all) of the steel frame models. Looks to be great quality as well. Once I get it I can scan it in and upload for all to download (once I confirm it's quality). Maybe we can make this thread a sticky for others searching for service publications.

#13 ·
Anyone have the 99-01 V92 service manual?

#14 ·
Tried the Cross Roads...it is saying the server is down for maintenance :(?

#16 ·
I tried yesterday morning, and just now. Same issue. It says wait 24 hours since the server is undergoing maintenance. I figured I wouldn't mention it until I at least waited the 24. :)

#18 · (Edited)
I did get it. 50 bones on fleabay. Here's the deal though; It is plastic spiral bound, and pretty damn thick. The only way for me to get it uploaded is to scan it.

Now I started to scan it, but I only have a glass top scanner at home(as opposed to an auto feed you set a stack of papers in to be scanned). Not to mention it's spiral bound, so I have to sit there and hold it page by page, front and back. This would take me hours, and that's precisely what I don't have. I do have a plan though. I'm going to cut the spiral so I can put each page in a plastic protective sheet, then bind it in a 3 ring binder. Once I do that, I can bring it into my work and auto feed scan it. That's about the best I can do at this point, and getting to that point is going to take some time as I'm a little preoccupied with a trial right now. Hopefully someone can step up before me, but I will get it done.

If there's anything anyone needs to know, please ask either through PM, VM, this or any other thread, and I will answer from the manual.

I'm getting there everyone. After May 24th, all will be good (I hope)

#20 ·
Wow, Kingsly... That is a lot of work. I haven't had much luck locating it through underground channels already in a digital format. I'll keep looking in the meantime. If something comes through, i'll post it. If not, and i can paypal you something towards recuping the 50 you spent or scanning, just say the word.

#21 ·
It's my pleasure guys. You're money is no good here my friend. Save it for some more mods! It's the least I can do for the help I've received here. I'm just glad I'm able to potentially help. Like I said, in the meantime before me or someone else gets this thing online, if there is anything specific anyone needs to know then please don't hesitate to ask. Torque specs, processes, part or tool numbers. This novel is chalk full of good stuff.

I haven't had much luck locating it through underground channels already in a digital format.
I hit a brick wall there too. You wouldn't think it would be as hard to find as it is.
I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

#22 ·
Thanks, Kingsly. I had to at least offer for all your trouble. It's the right thing to do. Normally, I can find many things relatively easy if they are floating around on the web or by requesting/ trading in the right place. Most I can think of is either all the 2012'ers are too busy riding or too confident in the warranty to worry about working on their bikes to procure a manual. I haven't experienced any problems with my bike but I don't want to be the guy on the side of the road scratching his head, either... if one pops up.

#23 ·
I just want to learn as much about my ride as possible. With my VTX I didn't really care much honestly. It never failed me (ever) but I also didn't put anything into customizing it either. Certainly never bothered to join a forum (let alone two of them) around the VTX, etc. With my Vic it's a whole 'nother story. Thanks again Kingsly.

#26 ·
Update:

Ok guys, I got the manual out of that damn spiral bind, punched and into a 3 ring binder. Now it's a little easier to use, and scan. I tried the scanner at my office that has an auto feeder, but it's so old it came out looking like poo. I'll try to find another and get it done.

#30 ·
Not working

I tried many different ways, including closing IE and using Mozilla Firefox. I get weird stuff appearing, including TONS of popups from Amazon (Amazon opened 15 tabs across the bottom of my screen!)

#31 ·
I tried many different ways, including closing IE and using Mozilla Firefox. I get weird stuff appearing, including TONS of popups from Amazon (Amazon opened 15 tabs across the bottom of my screen!)
You might have picked up some kind of adware. For Firefox; download and install Adblock Plus. It blocks most of that stuff.

#37 · (Edited)
2008 Vegas/Kingpin Service Manual

I am not sure if this will work, but I noticed you don't have the '08 Vegas/Kingpin/8-ball Manual. I was attempting to post some links for it, but see they are mostly from sites where you download the torrents/save then open it. Just Google:

2008_Victory_Kingpin_Vegas_8-ball_service_manual.pdf

and you will be brought to a page with tons of choices of downloads, mostly torrents though.

I got it fine, I use Pirate Bay to get it, and Utorrent to open it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.