Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Super excited

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  BBob 
#1 ·
New victory owner here. Just sat on my new high ball today & I love this bike. I've got Arlen ness doing some customizing for me this week & I should be able to take her home by next weekend. Can't wait!!
I'm adding slash ness swept pipes (black powder coat), big shot tuner, new air intake, license plate on the swing-arm, & led stealth turn signals (front & rear).
I will post pics later

#2 ·
Congrats and welcome aboard! cheers

#5 ·
Here are some pics for you guys.
Upgrades so far are..
Arlen Ness Slash-Ness Exhaust in black
Arlen Ness Big Shot fuel tuner
K&N air filter
Arlen Ness derby and cam covers
LED turn signals, front and rear
Relocated license plate

...more upgrades to come

Hope you like
Nick

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Ken- no it's not :(. I didn't know this until recently. I'm looking for some other options now..

Johnny- I've been looking at some mirrors. I haven't seen under the bar style. Can you give me an example?

#12 ·
Certainly a nice job over all.

I am now considering the side mount plate and stealth turn signals.
I'm really liking my stock High Ball though and may change very little.

Can you tell me what luggage or baggage ideas have you considered?

Recently I purchase three sizes of oak barrels that I might use for saddle bags and tool bags.
I'm thinking some wood on this High Ball would be unique and make good storage containers.
One will be labeled Moonshine and the other Gun Powder!

#16 ·
Lookin' good Nicholas! On a Harley you can simply install the mirrors upside down but it doesn't work that way on a Vic. Just mean some creative thinking will be needed if you want to do that.

I really like the Tracker on the HB. Heck; I like 'em on my XC too. :D

I rode a HB set up fairly similar to this during one of the demo truck stops in town. It's a quick and light bike that's just plain fun to ride. A young person could probably ride it long distance with hardly any trouble but us older farts; not so much.

One thing I'd really like to do to one, in addition to what you have already done, is put some VM1 cams in it with just the Victory Stage 1 Flash. I think it would be a serious kick butt hot rod then. Not much could touch it in its class without a buttload of work being done to whatever it was; especially an HD. Might get you in the first 1/8 mile because of the low end torque they have but they'll see nothing but your tail light in the distance after that. :D

In my personal opinion; the HB should be kept clean and lean. Quick release saddlebags would be ok for the occasional trip but mostly just as you have it. Maybe you could turn the emissions canister into a tool box. Not that you should have much use for tools on the road but it still never hurts to have a few basic things.

I saw a new sissy bar made for the HB. Gives it a good old school look if that's what you're after.

http://www.hotvic.com/eshopprod_cat_7674-91573_product_1217813.Hot_Vic_Sissy_Bar_.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.