Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Not much action!

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  ddharris 
#1 ·
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action in the Judge section. Maybe due to a lack of aftermarket parts? Maybe not a lot of people don't have them?

I'm waiting for the aftermarket to catch up with the new bike. Hopefully soon!

Anyone figured out some nice mods for their judge yet?

I'm getting tired of reading about cross countries!

#2 ·
I have a Suzuki M50 that has the muscle cruiser look (just not the power) and is loved by their owners, just not too popular with anyone else. I think the Judge is in the same boat. Shoud be more activity on the site next year when more people start to buy them. I really love the Judge and is what I had planned on getting till I realized that after a windshield, bags, and sissybar I might as well get a XR.

#3 ·
There are plenty of parts available for the Judge. The Judge is a Vegas with some different sheet metal. I haven't heard whether or not it has been a good seller. I think the Kingpin Version 2 (Boardwalk) should have better sales numbers but we shall see. The name "Boardwalk" may turn some people off.

Think about it. There are some cool names like Kingpin, Vegas, Jackpot, Vision, Judge, X bikes, and then there's the "Boardwalk". Kinda sounds out of place, eh. :D

#4 · (Edited)
Hang in there Acidrain, I am sure was the same when the Vision came out... A little slow then BOOM! Document what you do and such taking the lead on the Judge forum.. YOU are the pioneer...

BBob.. Im with you... I have a hard time with the name...Boardwalk (but the bike does look cool)

Last year:
Coworkers "What kinda bike is that you got?"
Me "Victory Touring Cruiser, friggin amazing ride"
Coworkers "Really, lets hear it"
Me "Oh yea" Starts 04V92TC with S1L1, etc... Yup, pure awsomeness
Bike continues to be talk of the shop for months...

This fall:
Coworkers "What kinda bike did you just buy?"
Me "Victory Vision, friggin MORE amazing ride than my TC!"
Coworkers gather round the VV and comment some good some pokes, what ever... heehe We know what a ride it is!

I too could handle Vegas, Hammer, Judge, Jackpot and even CROSSROADS but for some reason Boardwalk just doesnt work for me... Here, lets use sound references... Check out these links:

Hammer 8 Ball -> http://youtu.be/C4nCy5CITc8

Boardwalk -> http://youtu.be/EPEqRMVnZNU

So have fun with the Judge forum, get it on line! And please, note I am NOT bashing Boardwalks or the owners, just how corporate comes up stuff sometimes... They can be "out of touch"..

#5 ·
Hahahahaha... all it took was 2-3 seconds of each video to get your drift. :D

Ma Vic is still in the infant stage of their learning process. Otherwise they would have never changed the name of the Kingpin to Boardwalk.

Some desk jockey who hardly ever, if ever, rides came up with the idea to change the name. Like I said; they are still learning and when they learn that a winning model is something you don't change the name of; they will finally be able to say they have advanced from toddler to kindergartner. It's a slow process and one they have to learn on their own. No one can walk them through it. They need to make the mistakes like every other company and learn from them.

Think of long term names like Mustang, Sportster, Corvette, Electra Glide, etc., etc.,...

#7 ·
Yup BBob, a whole new level! Thanks SB, now I got a a millionare singing Metallica walking a terrier down park place stuck in my head. Someone post some pics of the "judge"!!!!

#12 ·
Same ting happened with the 3rd generation Z1000 I bought new in 2010. Took a year for aftermarket parts to come out for it, despite there being TONS of stuff for the 1st and 2nd generation models.

Thats what happens when you have to be first in line to buy a new model!

#16 ·
I got my back rest for the OL the day I got the bike. No saddlebags, no screen, no touring accessories. I did that with the last bike, bought something and then tried to make it something else. I bought this one to be exactly what it is, a slick, quick handling, grunty v-twin motorcycle.

Accessories are aplenty if you remember that most anything from the Vegas line fits.

#18 ·
Oh I'm just waiting patiently for my Judge to get home. Went to visit Luna (Big Lou) today on the show room floor, looking good. I promise i will be posting pics of our adventures real soon...

in the meantime lets have a moment of silence for the monopoly iron...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.