Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2014 Indian Chief

44K views 139 replies 40 participants last post by  saddlebag 
#1 ·
2014 Indian Chief, hours away from the reveal at Sturgis, set to take place at 8pm EST (5pm PST).
Get your beer and pop-corn ready. wac

#8 ·
Well, Polaris has done an excellent job (once again) at not leaking anything at all. No spy shots anywhere! Less than an hour to go. Let's see what this Chief looks like.

#10 ·
Are they going to build a Scout? If so Honey wants one.

#11 ·
I sure hope so. Otherwise the Chief will be too lonely as the only Indian model.

#13 ·
It sure is taking forever for someone to upload a picture or video! :mad:

#20 ·
#21 ·
Looks like three models! A cruiser, a soft bagger ,and a faired hard bagger!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Motor vehicle

A few more pics...
Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Motorcycle Vehicle Red Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Crowd People Event Audience Performance

Red Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

#22 ·
2014 Indian Chief - IndianMotorcycle.com

And the Indian website (www.IndianMotorcycle.com) finally has them on, including video footage of the new line up. Looks like the Chieftain has power windshield, tire pressure monitoring, keyless start and remote locking hard bags! Wow... !

#41 · (Edited)
And the Indian website (www.IndianMotorcycle.com) finally has them on, including video footage of the new line up. Looks like the Chieftain has power windshield, tire pressure monitoring, keyless start and remote locking hard bags! Wow... !
So I went to their site and set up a blue Vintage the way I would want it and it came out to $24k before tax and license fees so probably around $26k out the door.

Guess I'll be keeping my XC... :D

It is good to dream though; right!

Attachments

#25 ·
Agreed... I'm guessing the CV (Chief Vintage) will be 9 out of 19 Indians sold. However, that full dresser taint too shabby. I'd rock it. cheers

I'm just so damn stoked about the Victory bled over technology in the drivetrain with the right-side drive, etc. I imagine word will spread quickly and a bunch of Vic riders that like the old Indian brand for free word of mouth support. And I'm betting they handle and ride freakin' awesome too.

Anyone got specs on the things? Steel or aluminum frames? etc?

#27 ·
The Vintage is awesome. Wish the hardbags of the Chieftian would work with the Vintage, and also the wheels on the Chieftian are more to my liking than the spoked wheels on the Vintage.

I am amazed at the level of detail and the price. I want one!

#30 ·
Wow, much cheaper than I thought they would be. I hope they sell a lot of them.

#42 ·
Harley and some of their owners have historically thumbed their noses at us up and comer Victory motorcycles and their owners.......wonder what they will do now with these new Indian bikes.... Been riding Victory since 2008 and love them. But the new Indian motorcycles are very tempting.....funny that there was a thread on this forum regarding keyless ignition and wishing it translated to remote locking hard bags......and now they're here. Just WOW. cheers

#44 ·
I am totally digging the Springfield blue classic. The Vintage is and the Chieftain is a true surprise. Blue Classic for me as my Cross Country is still my choice for a fairing bagger.

Wow, Choice is definitely here! Eat your heart out HD and all you other MC manufacturers for that matter. Very impressive. Kudos to Polaris. cheers

#45 ·
Boy was I surprised to see a fairing bike when I went to the Indian website last night. I had always hoped they would make one, but didn't think they would. Im just not sure of the design yet... Im not disappointed, I guess it just has to grow on me. Really reminds me of a scooter or vespa design. I think its the integrated turn signals,.. maybe its the running lights,.. just not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.