Location of horn

12K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  rainman123 
#1 ·
Where is a good location on the xr for a stabel horn

#2 ·
#4 ·
mine

#5 · (Edited)
I separated my Stebel horn from the compressor. My compressor is mounted next to the battery and a small piece of tubing is run up to the horn which is mounted in the stock location. I had to do some grinding to the horn and front valance but it was done EASILY with a dremel .. let me see if I can find some pics ..

EDIT: PICS!!

Ready to install:

Compressor mounted next to battery:

Horn mounted stock location:

Valance back in place:

Hope this helps! Any information you need let me know!!

#8 ·
On the 2012 XR the ABS components take up the space that Crossroads used to mount his Stebel. I fashioned a mudflap for protection and used one of the mudflap mounting bolts to mount mine. It sits lower, but the mudflap keeps water and debris out. Most of the sound goes down and to the rear, so I kept the original horn connected in parallel with the WOLO (Stebel)

#10 ·
Those post were 9 years ago.

#13 ·
I mounted mine under the back of the rear fender similar to CrossRoads. I had not seen his writeup before but there are not many other places on a Cross-bike with enough space that are not obviously visible or that don't require cutting.

But it took me a little to get used to hearing the horn sound coming from behind me. First few times I thought there was a car right on my tail o_O

#14 · (Edited)
On my CCT i installed it left side behind the rear jug, next to the exhaust,

I stopped using STEBEL compressor horns,

i use electric horns now, same loud and no compressor, so less bulky, and less to beak down, you even have 2 tone sounds for small boats, i think I installed 2 piece on my Jack-hammer

sample picture attached

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
It's just Aliexpress boat horn, so it can withstand water and salt water, i did a lot of reading and figured WoLo is just break-down sensitive compared to this electronic horn, also 129 decibel ...

If you buy stuff like this then read the 1 Star first, then 2 Star, and so on, no use of reading the 5 star

I do not know the brand or type, it was just one of a thousand but had great reviews

#18 ·
I found a picture where i placed my horn on my CCT last time, it filled in that ugly gap

Reactions: depot picker
#19 ·
I found a picture where i placed my horn on my CCT last time, it filled in that ugly gap...
That looks very nice. How long have you had it there? I'm wondering if heat is an issue. Mine's still under the rear fender, and still screaming loud and clear after over 8 years of light usage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.