Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Change of body style for the Vision.....

14K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  DTWOR 
#1 ·
Heard from a friend today that Vic was going to change the body style for the Vision. Has anyone else heard this?

#4 ·
Roomers is all it is we will not know till next year or maybe at the factory this year.
I think this is a wasted post:eek:
Think about it did we know any thing about the X bikes before they came out. Dealers wouldn't be able to sell there stock of 2011 if there was a leaking of a new style.:rolleyes:

#5 ·
I sure hope so....looks more like a space ship than a quality motorcycle...But then again that's just my opinion.....:ltr:

#11 ·
I've had more people admire my vision than any other bike I've ever owned. People have waited for me to come out of restaurants and stores to ask about my bike and how I liked it. Some of these people owned newer harleys. So your opinion sounds more like you have been polarized to blind yourself to a brand of motorcycle. That's to bad!

#7 ·
your response is conflicting and without merit. looks have nothing to do with quality. next time qualify your response.
And from where I am sitting this is an opinion post...so respect others opinion or keep yours to yourself....8)cheers

#15 ·
I love the Vision but won't buy one (even though both my extended test rides were pure joy) because the front end looks like a Winnebago and I feel that I should be a geriatric to ride one.

I hope they lose the Winnebago front end and create a more cutting edge style...

#17 ·
How can you not like the clean look of the front end, I wanted to get one it was just out of my price range. So I bought the Vegas. They are holding there value too. Not like other makes I have owned.
Um, I know this has been seen before, and it will probably piss somebody off. That's not my intent, and I am considering buying one this spring, because I am at the point that function is more important that form, when it comes to bikes. But this is the struggle....

Attachments

#20 ·
The mental visual of Bozo painted on the front of a Vision is stuck in my head like a song you can't get out of your head. If someone with a great sense of humor did what Saddlebag said there is no question in my mind the bike would be the center of attention.

#21 · (Edited)
I am NOT sure what drugs the engineers were on when they LOOKED at the front end and let it roll out with amber TS but they must have got one heck of a good deal and laugh out of it. However, you can easily remedy this for about 160 bucks replacing BOZO's hair (the amber lens) with clear international Lens and amber bulbs or even switchbacks that run white and signal amber (120 bucks for bulbs).

As far as the geriatric riding the two wheeled Winnebago??? Com'on Bandit, a little harsh don't you think??? hehehehehe
I have got to admit I didn't see myself riding one at first either however, once you break free from your vision of tradition and look at the lines of the VV not just from the front but from the saddle as well I don't see how you can't at least appreciate the design of the bike itself when keeping in mind the handling and wind managment. Don't get me wrong, I still own my TC (had her out Friday ripping up some pavement) and very much enjoy the look and feel of the traditional ride. I very much like the looks of the HD Road Glide and can understand how Bandit got drawn into the dark side by that ride as well.

In the end, I became very fond of the looks of the VV and yes, get all the comments "Mission control, we have an unidentified space craft landing" blah bla blah... Yuk it up boys and girls, have your fun. 1800ccs of pure fun that handles like a light cruiser and manages the wind better than my buddies GW while providing a ride that far supercedes anything I have been on and making 45+mpg... Laugh all you want, Im not afraid of change and have no problem yukking it up with you... It is a UNIQUE looking ride and I am not ashamed to own it...If I wanted to be part of the pack, I would have bought an XCT or (at one time) a HD Ultra or Road Glide. BTW, Bandit I am NOT saying you joined the HD propaganda Pack, you actually researched the bike that best fit you.. So, I consider you a VIC rider on a HD... hehehehe Temporarily of course..

My only complaint is it takes way to long to stop for gas answering all the questions... :)

#25 ·
I hear ya Tim. You bought what works best for you. And like I said... my 2 test ride son a Vision were the two best riding bikes I've ever thrown a leg over. I really do want one.

I just need a little tiny bit of restyling for it to hit home for me...

Or $15-$20k play money to mod it like I would want it thumb up

#26 ·
Play money! Thats what Im talking about.. hehe I did luck out and pick mine up at a steal for being new. 2011 but hey, I have some cash for accy now (which I have spent.. lol). On the flip, I was REALLY looking hard at the Roadglide after you bought yours primarily bcause of the fixed fairing. Im glad I got the VV now but still eyeball that RG, whers that play money.. hehe

I think for the VV, Ma Vic SHOULD do away with those blasted amber len's and go with the clear as stock. It really cleans up the front end I think. Only other thing I don't know how they would fix is the mirrors and looking at my fingers in them. I finally adapted but that was strange at first. I am absolutely sold on the VV, while not for everyone, I like the fact that it is still owned by a smaller population.

Be safe out there

Tim

#28 · (Edited)
Not the photo I was hoping for but here are some from another site. This bike appears to have amber 3157's.

I will have photos of mine HOPEFULLY sooner than later with switchback LED TS bulbs so running will be white and will flash amber on turning.

Trying to fix link right now... found the problem

Attachments

#32 ·
Yup your right Rollin and the box on the back says "Man with a Plan" lol...

#37 ·
Very much possible UNTIL they seen the clownface... Then they would be scarred for life.. lol... I knew this going into the purchase though.. Im reallying thinking about toying with some LED accents later of the clear lens later on.. Will see how it looks at night after the switchbacks/lens are installed.... thumb up

#40 ·
Damn that bike is loooow! All of a couple inches under that bad boy. I thought my 4" on my Ness was low and catching stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#39 ·
Yup, mine is pearl white so that isnt going to work but I do like the tint. I keep telling myself "The other bike is for play, the VV is for everyday"... hehe But I would like to grab one to have fun with now that I have been ridin it a while...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.