Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

XC Lower air deflector install help?

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  BThomas 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to install a used set of factory lower air deflectors on my 2012 XC and have looked in my manual as well as done multiple searches for some directions but haven't found any.

I'm specifically trying to figure out if I'm to install the shields completely perpendicular to the forward direction of travel or if I should place them at an angle.

Also trying to figure out if the deflector bracket should bolt to the outside of the two fork brackets or if it should seat between them. My best guess is outside but wanted to be sure.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could either post or point me towards some online directions.

Thanks a bunch!

#2 ·
Sorry no instructions here, but are they the ones that bolt to the bottom of the fairing? or the forks? If they are the ones that bolt to the fairing, which crash bars do you have, forged or tube?

#3 ·
Forks.... I have the forged bars-dont think the uppers would fit my bike due to the forged bars...

#4 ·
Gotcha, thats what I was getting at, I dont think they will, I have the same bars on mine. I have the victory soft lowers on mine and they helped a ton, I have thought about doing the fork mounted ones but not sure they will help where I need it now.

#5 ·
I have soft lowers too along with a Madstad windshield bracket (best $100 ive spent on this bike!). I am both pleased and completely satisfied with my new wind mgmt. Got the used deflectors cheap and figured i'd use them in place of the soft lowers during the summer months if nothing else. If i ever get them on, i'll let you know how they work with this combination.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Hey BBob, thanks so much for taking the time to post this but i probably wasnt clear in my above post. Im trying to install the clear plastic lower deflectors on my forks like the ones in this picture... Again thanks! Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design

#8 ·
Oh! Got it now. I always put them at a little bit of angle to where the outer edge is a little further back than the inner edge.

One time I got the bright idea to turn them the other way when I crossed the desert in a 117 degree temps for added air flow to the oil cooler and heads. Well, it worked, but I got so much heat on my lower legs I was just about cooked when I got to my destination. I'm sure the bike was happier but I sure wasn't. :D

#11 ·
Dont you just love those ideas that seem so right at the time... Too funny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.