Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Drilling ???

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  psysapper 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is rehashing old posts.. I ride with a couple guys and they too have victory's, they keep insisting removing my baffels.. First off and for most i have the 2 into 1 stage 1 kit,filter and flash..is there that much of a sound difference? also i dont want to do more damage then good, for years people been removing baffels out of everything with a motor and exhaust.. so if ts a HD to a Mustang to your kids go kart its been done and people always swear by it.. I guess what im trying to ask is whatis the + side to doing it.. cheers

#3 ·
If your baffle is bolted in un bolt it an see what you think. It will be three times as loud compaired to now.
You will loose some performance but you might not fell it.
Just cause your Buddys do it doesn't mean you have to.

#4 ·
Stage 1 2into1

I love this exhaust, I have been running mine for a couple of years. I have been slowly modifying the baffle."Loud pipes save lives. I have mentioned here somewhere that when you use the keyed allenhead to remove the tip and baffle the baffle has a huge cone that directs exhaust through a 3/4 in hole to get through to the rest of the baffle...if you remove it with an angle grinder gently if you dont like it you can spot weld it back, with no losses. the next step was removing the catalyst in the head pipes. this produced by far the best flow increase(obviously). I have also removed more but most should probably stop here because little mods from here make straight pipes with power loss. Hope this helps if interested I will get some pics tomorrow.
thumb up

#5 ·
I took a gamble and drilled my stock pipes. No regrets so far. There's a slightly better sound and better punch, feels more aggressive.The asthmatic whistle persists and I put this down to a) the stock can's small exit diameters and/or b) the gas flow through the cats.
There are two baffle plates approx 1"ish apart, I only meant to drill one but, well you know:eek:. I also joined a series of holes so have an irregular shape, I'm going to try a hole-saw to improve this. I've contemplated doing the same to the end plate then I could adapt my own baffles.
So far the only intake mod is a stock air vent on the L) side of the air-box (got the right, just have to drill & stick it)...haven't even gotten around to a FCM yet. I just wanted it sound better, louder without being offensive. As for performance,it can already pull stumps out of the ground:crzy:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.