Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

RPW Big Slash Installation

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  glassback 
#1 ·
Who here has put one of these things on?

I've got the head pipe on. That was a giant pain in the rear as it had to be stretched out quite a bit to clear the heads. I lined the whole thing with painters tape and still managed to scratch the back heat shield by the rear exhaust port. Oh well.

My problem now is that the muffler wont slide far enough onto the collector. It goes on about 1.5 inches and lacks about .5 inch from being fully seated.

Anybody else had this problem? If so what did you do about it.

I've put a lot of exhausts on cars, never a bike, but holy S$%t never one this hard.

#4 ·
try spraying them with some WD-40. I had a much harder time with the header. Maybe tap the end of thee muffler with a rubber mallet ?

#7 ·
RPW Big Slash Install

Just got everything put back together after the Big Slash/S&S intake installs. Took it outside and fired it up and all I can say is I LOVE IT. This is what this bike was meant to sound like. I took it for a short ride after it warmed up and it sounds fantastic. I know I've said loud is subjective but it's pretty loud, just like I wanted it. I'll try and get some pics and video posted later.

This thing was a monumental PITA to install (the exhaust, the S&S was cake) but it was worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.