Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Turning Radius (Radii)

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ridealittle 
#1 · (Edited)
I've finished some searching and can't find any advertised turning radius listed for the various bikes in the victory lineup. I'm especially interested for the cross country. The only thing I've been able to find is anecdotal: "..cross country has a slightly better turning radius than the road king. We would turn those king's around in a 17' circle.

I do routinely turn around on 20' roadways, but as I'm practicing moto-officer techniques, I want to know how close to set my cones for a real challenge.

...and yes I know, radius is only half the circle. I suppose technically I'm looking for the curb-to-curb turn diameter.

:cool:

#2 ·
Parking stall depth is usually 18' - hope this helps:

As you can see, turning radius will vary according to your skill - the bike won't be the one limiting you.

Start with a larger radius at first - do a 30' diameter in a parking lot, and see how the 30' feels. You can decrease it from there as you feel comfortable.

#3 ·
I took a "Ride like a pro course" back in May, you will have no problems turning . My driveway is 19 feet across and with no cars on it I can do u turns in it all day with a little room to spare,

#4 · (Edited)
Narrow FM roads in Texas with little to no truck traffic means 9 foot lanes, or they start out that way.
U turn 2 up, not problem. 20 ft driveway, lots-o-room. I have yet to drag on the XCT. I would do it regularly with the Wing and Venture. The only real problem is me. I had a hard time with the twin engine sound vs. the V-4 on the venture or the boxer on the Wing. I do fine as long as I don't think about it.

On paper the Road King might have a little tighter turning because of the wheel base. RK- 63.5 vs CC- 65.7. Two inches in the wheel base is considerable, it also gives better road manners when riding and touring with a longer base. Lean angle? Dunno, I think they say 33 degrees on the CC but tht seems conservative.

ARC will help anyone out there and is done on your bike. A great way to get to know your machine.

Cheers

#5 ·
i could turn my rk a lot tighter but not because of the technical reasons. on my xr the reach to the bars in a full turn is so far i have to come forward in my seat to reach the outer grip. makes a very awkward balance for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.