Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Thunder Monster baffle

20K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  Wyrmjello 
#1 ·
Couple of pics of the baffles I have installed in my shotgun pipes. Initial results sound great. They definitely took some of the harshness and crack out of the sound. It will be a bit before i can get it out on the road to really test them out for performance.

m

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
#5 ·
Bbob would you personally recommend the ones from buy witch doctors ? I check their site out every day, a must have.. But I was looking at them thunder baffles .. Just trying to get opinions on what people are thinking.. I have the Victory stage 1, 2 into 1 pipe.. Was asking about drilling but I'd rather burly then ruin my pipes.. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Getting ready to make up a set of 2 1/4" inserts for those exact baffles for a Cross Country. He loved the sound and performance of those baffles on his shotguns, he asked if I could install them on his Cross Country. When I get them done I will post up a video or sound byte.

#8 ·
Lloyds suggested the ones that you have the link to from witchdoctors, they are rpw baffles, and they were like $40 shipped from lloyds to me. I put them in my vegas and they had a real good sound, I had the swept pipes with the massive banana baffle in them, I removed them and bolted the rpw(lloyds/witchdoctor)baffles in the same location. I had asked Lloyd about the thundermonster baffles and he said for what you get they were way over priced.

#11 ·
Chop of the cone and about 2 inches of the rest, and you get what Lloyd sells. Made the exhaust deeper and took most of the bite out I think they cost me 45 bucks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
Here is the Thunder Monster QQ Baffles mod I did for a customer on his 2011 Cross Country. Video has a before and after mod.

Sounds Freakin Awesome.....thumb upthumb up

#14 ·
Thanks!.cheers...you should hear them in person.thumb up

#17 ·
Sweet!thumb up

#18 ·
Noe,
You said you did the baffle mod for a customer, did you modify stock pipes, gutted stock pipes or ???

I'm trying to achieve something fairly quiet, but still with a deep thump. I liked the after mod clip.

#19 ·
We have done several versions. We start by gutting stock pipes. The Magna-Flow Mod is basically retrofitting a set of their factory fabricated glass packs in to stock muffler housing. Then welding everything back up. The Thunder Monster set up is a bit different....we make a custom length pipe and attach the TMB exactly 12" into pipe for the creation of optimum echo chamber sound. Then weld everything back up. Both sets will bolt right up using stock hardware an heat shields. In both mods you can use your stock tips as well. Both sets have been working very well according to customers, but we do not have access to a dyno so we have no numbers. The Magna-Flow is a little quieter at idle, but both sound and respond fantastic when throttle applied. Of course I always recommend upgrading intake filter and tuner for optimum performance. Hope this helps......and If you need anything....let me know.cheers

#22 ·
thumb up

Made my own for 5 bucks each. Autozone, Oriley, checker, Reducers.
You can experament with diameters and how deep to put them in the pipes.
thumb upthumb up
Sorry guys Photo bucket sucks.

#23 ·
Just a question. If monster baffles work best another six inches up how would you do that on victory swept pipes?

Are the monsters really that much better than the Lloydz ones?

#25 ·
#26 ·
My RPW ones will be in my bike in the next week or so.

#27 ·
I took my OEM baffles out and put in the RPW, gained 2 hp and 10 ft/lbs Torque.

#31 ·
whats your tuning setup?

#34 ·
They are victory shotgun pipes,it also has the second air intake fitted so assume it has the uprated filter and remap by a victory dealer but having just bought the bike off a non victory franchise I cannot be certain. Can I just unplug these o2 sensors and run it as normal then.

#36 ·
It's easy to check your filter to see if it's the washable kind or the replacement kind that's stock.

You might get an increase in fuel richness by unplugging the sensors. Best thing is to get it on a dyno with a PC-V tuner installed though if you can.

Lloydz sells a device to lean out or enrich the air flow at idle which can cause a lot of the popping you are experiencing. It's called an IAV. It really works on the steel frame bikes but not so much on the touring models for some reason.

If you order one you might as well get the Adjustable Timing Wheel. An alternative to the PC-V tuner is the VFC-III tuner from Lloydz as well.

In the world of bikes, unfortunately, we must pay to play sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.