Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Scored a passenger seat/backrest

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  25thAnnZ 
#1 · (Edited)
I came rolling into work last week, had one of the company guys come bolting out of the changehouse. He said 'I knew that sound' and looked over my Jackpot. Come to find out, he had bought one in 06, had a close call and sold it but didn't let everything go with it.

He gave me a super sweet deal on a brand new pillion/backrest, and a cool leather covered Victory lock.

Got it put on, big difference. It's a little thicker so it provides a little more back support by itself, and it made a great platform for the GranTour bag. Super stable now, rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Joel, and yes that's what it's listed as in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Any reviews from your passenger yet? Trying to figure out the best option for the new JP.....it came with the original seat and the flamed bandit solo, however my girl rides 99% of the time so as much as I love the look of the bandit, it's not gonna be on there much. Looks like it might be this Touring with the backrest or the Corbin modular.

Thanks
- Joel

#5 ·
Hi Joel,
The passenger seat is worth every cent. It's a little thicker than the stock pillion so it provides a bit of back support. As far as passenger comfort goes, if your girl is small it should be just fine as its the same width as the factory piece. I won't go into specifics(she would never read this but...) my girl is pretty small, she says its great but the backrest could be a couple inches taller. She says she doesn't feel secure if I accelerate hard.

You can see the thickness of it in this picture.

Here's just another shot of the back of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
Thanks for the update, my girl is small as well, I'm just torn between getting the passenger touring with backrest or the full 1 piece 2 up touring seat.
Not sure how the stock Danny gray ness seat feels for me since the 2 times I've been able to ride I had the bandit solo seat on...
Other random thoughts....the 1 piece full seat looks to have a taller pass. backrest, but a $600+ it seems like the best option is to try just the pass. seat for now since they seem to pop up for sale under $200 occassionally. Thanks for the info!

- Joel

#7 ·
I agree with you guys on the passenger seat and backrest! I didn't want to put it on at first since my girl has her own bike, but since she sold it I was "asked" to put it on for her. I think it looks pretty good, but I had to chrome out the backrest support.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

#8 ·
I agree with you guys on the passenger seat and backrest! I didn't want to put it on at first since my girl has her own bike, but since she sold it I was "asked" to put it on for her. I think it looks pretty good, but I had to chrome out the backrest support.[/ATTACH]
I like the chrome support. Nice thumb up

#9 · (Edited)
Looks great with the chromed bracket, I may have to follow you on that idea. Just picked up chrome bolts for the backrest (the guy I bought it from couldn't find them)...but I also ended up picking up the 1 piece Vic Touring seat with backrest to keep my options open. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait out the weather over the next 3+ months before I can compare the 1 piece touring vs. the stock Danny Gray Ness with passenger touring with the wife to see what the winner is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.