Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Idea for Storage

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  sixshooter_45 
#1 ·
I have an idea for a small storage area on the XCT.

It involves using the DUCT-VISOR (PN: 5437830) and cutting out a 6"x1" rectangle out of the front (facing the driver). I would make it about 1.5" deep. Basically it would be an open pocket.

This part is about 1.25" tall on the ends of the part and about 1.75" in the middle of the part...so there should be enough material to make a hole and add an insert.

I don't know what or how much it could hold...not a lot, but it at least it would make that WASTED space semi-functional.

#2 ·
Interesting idea, I can see it holding glasses, wallet, keys, turnpike slip/money. I like it. Good luck.

#6 ·
I have ordered the part...just waiting on it to come in.

Wally

#9 ·
The first step is just getting the part in...and then to be perfectly honest...I'm gonna see if my father-in-law will help me.

I'll know more when the part gets here.

I'll keep everyone up to date.

#10 ·
OK...I got the part in so that I could evaluate the possibility of some additional small storage in this piece that sits on the dash.

Unfortunately, now I don't this would work very well for several reasons. (See photo).

First, unless you intend to utilize the ENTIRE inside of this piece (angles and very little useful space)...then you are limited to maybe a 1" rectangle box.

Secondly, I scoured the internet for pre-formed rectangle boxes both with and without a cover, but that also had a "lip" to fit over the cutout...NOTHING.

It's really too bad though...there is a decent amount of space to be used (don't ask me for what though).

So...although I had an idea, I don't think it is feasible now. The good news is that I have that part as extra now and might could put SOMETHING in it like a garage door opener, a gauge of some sort, a mount of some sort or even some sort of ORNAMENTAL decoration across the length of it.

Sorry I couldn't come through.

But here are a few other ideas.

Attachments

#12 ·
Thanks for trying anyway Arkie. I like the way you have those designs set up. Are they all decals? Where did you get them?

I put a garage door opener button, an outside temp gauge, and a clock on mine not long after I got the bike. Works well for what I use them for even though there is a clock and thermometer in the digital readout. I find I use them much more than the digital display. Probably for the same reason many newer Vic riders like the analog rpm gauge even though they have it in digital in the speedo. Just easier to read plus they can be read with the bike off. That really comes in handy more than I thought they would.

By the way Arkie; are you healed up now and able to ride again (carefully)?

#13 ·
Bob...yea I thought about your idea too (especially since I had seen your dash before)...wasted space bugs me. LOL

Yes...almost back. I have rode some (just a few miles). I'm about 75%, but think they are leaning towards a rotator cuff surgery...and I think I am leaning towards NOT. :)

#17 ·
I need one of those surgeries too but like you; I am resisting it for as long as possible. Right shoulder too and I am right handed.
Rotator Cuff problems
I had rotator cuff problems and didn't want to get it operated on. I went to a physical therapist for about 3 months. I have had no problems with my shoulder in 2 years since. (Just a good thought)

Storage area
I have been looking at the area under the rear fender, between the inner and outer fender. There is a large area under there for something. (maybe a spare gallon of gas)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.