Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Low Idle

14K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  bsbabcock 
#1 ·
I had the Xbow swept exhaust, high flow filter, and tune done about a month ago. Bike sounds great and runs strong. I am still noticing a little popping, and when I am slowing to a light the idle seems to drop between 850-900. This is prob normal but it almost feels like the bike has died. Does this seem normal? The pipes have no baffles I had them remove before the tune. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
+1

There are some step by step instructions in the V92 forum if you dont find it on search. Give a shout if you need a hand.

#32 ·
That is normal idle. I get a pretty good pop sometimes when is come up to a stop around 1500 rmp. Mine idles at 900 to 850 before and after the stage one swept pipes. I wish it was even lower at about 650.

#12 ·
Every Victory model that is 2008 or newer does NOT require throttle body cleanings. That applied to the older models.
There is a throttle stop screw, but Victory labels it "non adjustable" Since 2008 I've has to adjust two bikes, the rest of the low idle problems were related to IAC function, air leaks, or tune/tuner issues.

#14 ·
Very true. Guess that's where updating your sig with year and model helps out. IAC=Lloydz with good reports

#20 ·
Not bustin your chops, I actually was gonna ask but just didnt take the time and +1 on the TB's because 07 and down it is a common occurance and complaint. Glad you already are onboard, welcome and were all here to help each other out! Rylan has brought out a couple good points from your topic so it worked out... I thought 08 and greater idle was 1000 +/- 50... Always good stuff being posted here!

Where you at in Texas? From Lubbock myself...

VJ - Why you starting the "blip or not to blip" argument again... lol :ltr: You know that ranks up there with oil, tires, octane and darkside!

On down shifts (not following start ups) I blip the S*&t out of my 11 Vision just like I do my 04 TC and have no issues out of either. As for the "stall" that occurs, IMHO I think the IAV has been identified as the ticket to resolve the occurance with exceptional results.

#23 ·
No problem, glad to hear it was something that simple. I was fixin to order new wires for my TC like 6 months ago... this is a good reason to do it now.. lol... Glad your back on the road!

#25 · (Edited)
Just noticed yesterday my new stock high-ball idles right around or just under 900 after riding. I'd imagine it's normal.

Edit: I'd add she runs like a scalded dog actually while riding. that 106 OHC is a far far faaaaarrrrr cry from the last bike (TC88 fatboy) she replaced, for sure. Though I'll have to get used to the gearing and RPM range on the Vic 106. Appears to be a higher revving engine than the H-D's, though I'm surprised that when I look down she's only running 2000-2500 on the road at times. I'm still very much in break-in period, and my first Vic, so I'm learning as the bike and I get to know each other.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#27 ·
850-900 seems to be normal. I ran into a few Vic owners while I was there and asked for their feedback. My last bike was a Triumph 3 cylinder engine. Still getting used to the Vtwin myself. You could say noises make me a little paranoid. I guess the ear plugs will come in handy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#28 ·
Idle adjustments were the 92s and 100s as I understood it, the IAC valve did away with that. Here is a link to better explain and obviously resolve any concerns or worries about your Idle.

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078

In reference to RPM's and shifting, absolutely a differnt power band then HD with VIC being higher and not being a smart ass, just don't know what is is for your bike. Check out the owners manual for shift range to get a rough idea and work from there. 2000 is getting to the bottom end and will lug you out which can give you some weird tranny noise among other things. I stay out of 6th for that reason unless I am constant 65+. You will find she loves 3K to 3800 and better making that adreniline flow and ofcourse improving your miles of smiles because I am sure that highball sounds sweet! Just takes some gettin used to.

Safe ridin all!!!!

#30 ·
No Problem, I am going to pull the trigger on the IAC next pay day. Just about sick of my idle on my Vision. Just got a mind of it's own unlike my 04 TC which is only worried about warming up then she dont care what you do to her as long as it involves sounding as good as it looks... Think im gonna test ride me a HB when the demo truck comes here in April... Safe ridin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.