Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Handlebars

13K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  dirtdobber 
#1 ·
I just had my dealer order those 2" pullbacks for my X C does anyone have them on there bikes. The one's from Sants Rosa Vee twin John

#4 ·
Srvt

I have the 2 1/4". They are a tight fit with the stock cables but the bike just wouldn't fit me without them. I believe they went to 2" for a better fit. I would have gone 3" if possible, the stock bars suck - bigtime!

Good luck

#5 ·
I have the 2 1/4". They are a tight fit with the stock cables but the bike just wouldn't fit me without them. I believe they went to 2" for a better fit. I would have gone 3" if possible, the stock bars suck - bigtime!

Good luck
I got mine a couple weeks ago, I must have got the 2 1/2s. Really a tight fit, had to really stretch a couple of the cables:(

However, they are much more comfortable.

Its too bad Victory doesn't anticipate this and make the cables just a tad longer.

#7 ·
There is no doubt that Victory is aware of these bars. Since they are so involved in making their profit from accessory sales (gouging in my opinion) you would think they would offer a option for the XC/XR.
From what I have read the +2 bars fit rather good. I have the +2 1/4 bars. It was tight at first but someone posted that you could get more room for the brake line buy just adjusting the angle. Which helped and also moving the throttle cable.
They are not under stress now, I do not see needing new brake line or throttle cables.
It's a shame that Victory is offering some accessories that are over priced but some things that are a benefit they are not offering.

#8 ·
The XR guys do have a cheap option: The XC bars are about 3.5" taller due to the difference in risers. When I posted a request (another forum) for used bars, I got quite a few responses from XC guys that had switched to SRVT bars. The expense I ran into was that the 3" was too much for my cables to stretch so I spent $300 on braided brake, clutch and throttle cables. The complete braided look is great, so I'm happy I was "forced" into that mod.
Hey, this was my first post....how did I do?

#9 ·
#10 ·
If anyone that has swapped their OEM CC bars is interested in selling their OEM's please PM me. I'd like to try them out on my CR.

#13 ·
Those braided cables do look awesome. Nice job. thumb up

#16 ·
I had my dealer order the SRVT 2" bars today !!!! Once they are shipped, I'm having the dealership install them. Any of you guys remember what you were charged or how long it took to have a dealer install them? Thanks in advance.

#21 ·
I did mine myself, but the dealer (Los Angeles) quoted me 1 1/2 hours. The labor rate here is $80/hour, as I remember, but might be less is other areas.

#19 ·
marchip4---I and another fellow met you over there a few months ago. I was in there today and Greg said he ordered yours last week. Expects them any day now. Let me know what the install cost is OK? You can be their "guinea pig" !!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get together for a ride. Keep in touch.

#24 ·
John--How long did it take them and what did they charge for labor? If you don't mind. I'm looking forward to receiving a call from Greg.

#27 ·
I agree it is worth it. However, the 3 1/2 seems awfully long, the dealer I asked quoted 1 1/2 hours. It took me maybe 2 1/2 or so, but I am not a mechanic.

#26 ·
Probably a silly question, but has anyone considered welding an extension to the existing bars? If possible and a Forum member is willing, I'd like to get the stock bar wall thickness. A cut sample of a stock bar would also be great so I could do a hardness check and determine if it's a chromoly material (like 4130). We have a turbine fabrication shop here in Georgia and the welders lay down the best TIG welds on piping that I've ever seen. If any interest, I can be reached at 561-306-1857. Thanks.

#28 ·
Just had my SRVT 2+ bars installed today on my 2010 XC. Really makes a great difference in the comfort. Real happy with them.
So if any of you CR riders are interested in a set of XC bars, make me an offer that I can't refuse.

#29 ·
Another Possible Source for Extended Handlebars

For those that may be interested, I just sent my original 2010 XC bars to a company called Vindikta (Glendora, Ca). The gentleman there is making me a set of polished stainless steel bars (with knurling at clamps), and 2" of extra pullback. I sent him the originals so he can get all dimensions correct and hopefully be another source for XC aftermarket bars. The cost is very reasonable. Hopefully the quality is as expected. I've taken several digital pictures of the bar removal and will continue to document the install for anyone that is considering there own work. It was suprisingly easy to get the bars off, though I did crack the speaker grill on one side:(

#30 ·
For those that may be interested, I just sent my original 2010 XC bars to a company called Vindikta (Glendora, Ca). The gentleman there is making me a set of polished stainless steel bars (with knurling at clamps), and 2" of extra pullback. I sent him the originals so he can get all dimensions correct and hopefully be another source for XC aftermarket bars. The cost is very reasonable. Hopefully the quality is as expected. I've taken several digital pictures of the bar removal and will continue to document the install for anyone that is considering there own work. It was suprisingly easy to get the bars off, though I did crack the speaker grill on one side:(
When you start the thread for the bars let me know and I will pin it for you in the tech section!thumb upthumb up

#39 ·
Another source for Extended Handlebars

Getting ready to receive a set of 2" extended handlebars from a company called Vindikta in Ca. Gentlemans name is Joe and he can be reached at 909-215-9489. Very pleasant man to deal with and offered bars in either chrome plated or polished stainless steel (my choice). I sent him my originals so he could get the geometry right but he's a custom builder so you can get any dimensions you want. More resonable than SVRT also. I'll post some pictures of the bars when they arrive in a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.