Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

bike is crushed, so is my leg

48K views 275 replies 89 participants last post by  Krisd 
#1 ·
Test run after my fuel pump replacement turned into a scene from a horror flick. I got t-boned!!! Bike is totalled, and my right leg got crushed. Surgery went well, and we will have to wait and see if I will lose my foot. So good news is I'll probably have some parts for sale:)

#163 ·
Glad you reported on your recovery. That is great news and I wish you every success. Think about you from time to time hoping that you were doing better. Good luck..... Keepin you in my thoughts and prayers man... You gotta get better now..

#168 ·
Corn, having just found this thread and having read every post, I've got to hand it to you, you're attitude through all this is flat out inspiring. Your positive outlook and maintaining your sense of humor is awesome and I wish you all the best on the surgeries and getting back on your feet, not to mention 2 wheels. My hat's off to you Bro, get well soon!

#170 ·
Prayers and well wishes...

Sorry for you injury and lost to your ride. Hate to see that happen. Stay up! Speedy Recovery!

#171 ·
Well, yesterday was a big day. They went in and pulled the dead stuff out, decided that it was really clean, and did both parts of the surgery all at once! I will still be in the hospital for a week or better. They say that everything is looking good, and the grafted flesh and skin is taking! All in all a good sign so far.

#176 ·
Good news Corn! I'm hoping your next post will show the progress we are all hoping to see. You need to be healed by spring so you can start riding again!

#178 ·
Good to hear CF! Keep the press on and us posted! You are one tough dude, know we are behind ya 100%

Im keepin my eye out on Cycletrader... lol... Take care

#181 ·
Fantastic news! Keep the faith. thumb up

#189 ·
Awesome....Good luck...After having 4 surgeries on knees and ankles. Rehab is the key. Stay up and quick recovery

#190 · (Edited)
Well it's surgery +2 weeks and things are moving slow. The site that they harvested the skin from has finally shed, so it's good. The spot that they took the muscle from (basically crotch to knee ) is still a little sore, and I have stupid drains in there... which sucks. The heel itself is ugly, but they always start like that I guess. There will be at least one more surgery on the foot to re-shape it once they are sure it takes. Still lookin at more than a year before I'm walking. Might still need bone graft on the tibia. I'm attaching some pics, but they're a little graphic... you've been warned.

Attachments

#191 ·
Man,

That is some crazy looking healing process. Wish you the best bro. All in all as long as you can get back to functioning like before, all of this will be nothing. I tore my leg back on a jump, took me a year to walk again, not even run. You will get there, positive mental attitude.

Good luck. Rehab is the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.