Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Make a Flagpole

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SteveYacht 
#1 ·
I have been disappointed in the fact that no one makes a flagpole for a Victory, so, I made my own. This is for a XC.

Being part *******, I found a 1/4" piece of round stock from a stick in the ground, real estate sign. Cut off what I needed with my dremel and cut off wheel, ended up with approximately 26" long section. (Make longer or shorter depending on what you want)

Cleaned up the piece on the bench grinder wire wheel until the surfaces were pretty smooth, sanded afterwards with some 320 grit.

Used a 1/4-20 Die to cut about 2 to 2 1/2 inch section on one end and approx 3/8" on the other.

Bent the longer threaded portion in a vice at 90 degrees.... then painted black. I used a black Satin finish..... You can use what ever the hell you want. Sky blue pink if it suits ya.

Used some 1/4-20 nuts and 1/4 washers...... two washers, four nuts. (Painted them also) Also will need a 1/4-20 Acorn nut, paint, polish, or what ever you want..... some may like a gold leaf.

Bought a couple of flags from an on line site that makes motorcycle flags...... 6X9 inch each, double stiched with a pass through webbing on the pole end. In my case, the Stars and Stripes and a POW/MIA flag with red logo and lettering.

Using the inside portion of a valve stem I glued a flat washer to each side. Pressing one of these stem ends down, I then put the one flag over the pole...... putting the other valvestem end/washer piece next, then the other flag..... then top off with acorn nut.

Bolt the whole sheeeebang to the left side antenna mount, between the saddle bag and fender. I used two nuts inside and two outside to act as a locking mechanism, this should hold better and keep from twisitng. Adjust to vertical angle you desire, and VOILA..Done!

I may have about four bucks worth of paint and parts. Flags were ten bucks apiece and well worth it.

Several hundred miles now at speeds up to 90, not one problem...... Nicht, Nein, Null and notta. Great stuff.

Make taller or shorter as you wish.

If you want pics, I will take them and send them to some one that knows how to post them. Not figured that part out yet and no inclination to learn...... yet

See less See more
#3 ·
You obviously didn't read the last sentence.:rolleyes:

#4 ·
#5 ·
CR, thank you for your cogent and intelligent response. Iwill work on getting some pics as soon as I have some time.

S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.