Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

victory leather jacket

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Azdave 
#1 ·
has anybody tried on the new leather jackets?how is the quality?i was looking at the new attitude jacket that has the zip out hoodie.my question is would you order a bigger size since it has hoodie inside and if so if i wear it without the hoodie would it be to big?no local dealers have them so i can not try it on.

#2 ·
has anybody tried on the new leather jackets?how is the quality?
I bought one and I love it. The reason I bought it was for the enormous zippered vents. They flow air very well. The jacket is typical heavy MC quality material and exceptionally well sewed together as far as I can tell. Coming from Victory, it's also reasonably priced for what it is.

#3 ·
I was at the dealership in Columbus, GA and was looking at one. It was really nice, but they wanted $566.00 for it. Online I have seen them in the $490 range, seems a little high, but I haven't bought a good leather jacket in a while. You like it huh? I really did like the way it looked and it seemed pretty decent quality.

#4 ·
Where is the jacket made? I'm sure not in the US, probably China.

#6 · (Edited)
If you want "Made In The USA", take a look at Fox Creek Leathers.com. I have some of their leather pants ( they have chaps too ) and they are really good quality (lifetime warranty on zippers, snaps and such) and they have a thirty day return policy if your not happy with the fit or whatever. I just checked their site again and they have a sale going. Their web site is "killer". No, I don't work there, just love my pants. Good luck.

#8 ·
Thanks for the Fox Creek link T-man! I keep a list of Made in the USA stuff in my browser favorites. It makes me wonder sometime why so many people are fixed on getting an American bike or cager but when it comes to the clothes they wear, the tools they use, etc it does not bother them to buy foreign. I know some people don't care and that is fine but I've seen many posts where people said they bought a Victory because it is made in the USA but have other posts where they said they got this or that and it is made in asia or some other place.

#9 ·
Plus 1 on Fox Creek. Due to health reasons I needed to loose weight so I have my very large one for sale here in classifieds. I will be getting another closer to spring when I see what size I will need.

#10 ·
How does Fox Creek fit. I am 5'10 185 and normally would take an XL in a leather. Hate to order and have to send back. I try to buy only USA made products

#12 ·
I just looked at their contact information and found out they are just right up the road from me! Guess I'll be taking a little ride over there.

#13 ·
Take some money with you. They have lots of different jackets and sizes to choose from. Jackets are very nice, very soft leather, feels like it is broken in just right the first time you slip one on.

They cost more than most but I will spend that money again closer to spring to get my new correct sizes. Health reasons forced me to loose weight, If anyone missed that above. :) My Size 60 For Sale

As said above, I got mine about 1 size big so I could layer a sweatshirt or whatever. Their sizes run in Inch measurements not L or XL etc. and their website explains how to measure yourself.

#14 ·
Fox Creek Leather

Ditto on Fox Creek Leather. My wife and I stopped there on our trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway (great ride, by the way) and bought jackets. Great stuff. Good THICK leather. I have the Commander jacket and chaps. I needed to go one size larger (42) even though I normally wear a size 40 (5'10", 160 lbs). Highly recommended.

#17 ·
Especially for the price! Victory is charging just as much for leather products from Asia as Fox Creek is charging for a good quality jacket. I don't know how the quality of the Victory jackets are but for roughly the same price you can get a great jacket from an American Company made here in America.

#18 ·
And they even have one with decent zippered ventilation.

I can't quibble with the quality of the Vic stuff, but had I known about the Fox Creek thing beforehand, I likely would have bought one from them.

#19 ·
A local Victory shop had some 2011/12 lathers andvquiteva few were made by Venson in the USA but not in my size. All the new China or VietNam. Just can't buy them although they look nice and I like the logo. Bad move Victory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.