Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

7 Jurock Flip Windshields

10K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  RMH 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any of these on there bikes . I am interested in seeing some pics on the xc's. The one on my Zuk was level with my eyes and worked good,tho the one on my xc is lower and really buffets my head. I see where you can do a yard stick measurement and going to measure up and order one. Or does the the flip part deflect so it can be lower? Thanks Steve

#2 ·
I am also interested. If I measured correct, the stock XC shield is 9 inches (going off of suspect memory.) I am wondering how much difference a flip in 9 or 10 inch will have on buffeting.

#3 ·
Tonyz posted a pic for me in the following thread...

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11046

Based on discussion in that thread, I now have a 16" with flip from 7jurock on order. Expecting to get shipping notification in the next few days and hopefully have it installed sometime next week.

Cheers,
Randy

#5 ·
Forgot to follow up this thread after getting my new windshield.

Have had it on for a week now and it looks and works great.

I probably could have gone an inch or two shorter, but am happy with it as is.

Cheers,
Randy

#6 ·
Randy that looks great and should do the trick.We did a 344 mile ride up thru the Finger Lakes this last weekend and It would have been more enjoyable with a taller windshield. I am 5-8 with a 30" inseam so I have a long body. I like all the add on"s on your bike it is really sharp. What kind of cup holder and Lowers are those as I am still gathering ideas for my new ride. Thanks for posting back Randy and safe riding. Stevecheers

#7 ·
The cup holder is from Barefoot Willies... http://barefootwillies.com/
Very simple and inexpensive and works great.

The lowers are the new JTD hard lowers for the forged bars... http://www.jtdcycleparts.com/
One of the best new products for the X bikes with forged bars for those who like lowers and don't like bufetting.

Cheers,
Randy

#9 ·
I have a 14" 7Jurock with the flip. I am 5'10". I can look over the windshield with no head buffeting. I recieved my Windshield last Wednesday, installed it and left on a 970 mile round trip weekend from Long Island NY to the Buffalo NY area. I am happy and impressed with the windshield.

Something you need to consider is lowers. The taller shield does not stop the buffeting from below. Some options are 7 Jurock lowers, both on the forks or in the square engine guards, soft lowers over the engine guards or make your own.

Attachments

#10 ·
7 Jurock

I know this is going to come down to a matter of opinion. But, I am going to order a flip windshield from 7 Jurock to replace my stock XC windshield. I called them but the measuring instructions were kind of vague. So, I am 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. From reading many threads, I am seeing that a 14" - 16" would work. I do not care if I see through it or over it, I just want to hear my radio with my full face helmet on and I cannot unless I shrink down slightly. Those of you that are around my build, please let me know if the wind is directed over you enough to somewhat control the annoying buffeting. I realize some is coming from not having lowers, but again, if I shrink down in the seat slightly, it is mostly gone....at least tolerable and the radio is enjoyable again.

Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
I am looking into these also, I put a Klockwerx on, I am 6'3" and its much better then the short stocker. It is just a little short though. I think for me a 13-14" 7 jurock would be good, I think the Klockwerx is 11", I have to measure that first though. I can hear my radio real good, I do also wear a full face helmet.

#12 ·
Woody,

I am 5'10" with a 30 in inseam.
I have the 14" 7Jurock with the flip.
it did lower the airflow buffeting my upper head.
You need to know that the flip causes distortion when
looking through the windshield at the point of the flip.
So you may not want this in your direct line of sight but slightly
below. I did not have any problems listening to my radio but I do
receive air flow buffeting from below, hitting my legs and lower torso.
I got a set of bar chaps off ebay to take care of that in cold weather.

Hope this helps. feel free to ask me any more questions.

#13 ·
14" 7Jurock

Thanks for the response. The reason I brought it up is I don't want to get a 14" windshield when I needed a 16" for example. I just want the wind directed over my helmet. I am thinking 14, 15 or 16" is my size. I just don't want regrets. I read one post where the person was happy, but wished he had gotten a smaller shield. Thanks again, and any other input is appreciated.

Woody,
I am 5'10" with a 30 in inseam.
I have the 14" 7Jurock with the flip.
it did lower the airflow buffeting my upper head.
You need to know that the flip causes distortion when
looking through the windshield at the point of the flip.
So you may not want this in your direct line of sight but slightly
below. I did not have any problems listening to my radio but I do
receive air flow buffeting from below, hitting my legs and lower torso.
I got a set of bar chaps off ebay to take care of that in cold weather.

Hope this helps. feel free to ask me any more questions.

#14 ·
I went with the 16" 7jurock since I had a 17" Tall shield before and it worked pretty well. I am 6' 1" with 34" inseam and the flip pushes the air a good inch to inch and a half over the top of my helmet. I look over the top of the sheild 98% of the time unless I am really slouching.

I think a 15" sheild would have worked just as well, but not sure about the 14". It might have been okay, but the air stream might have been just at the top of my helmet. In the summer I ride with the visor on a 3/4 helmet open most of the time and that probably would catch a lot of the air from the shorter sheild.

I also have the JTD lowers and Kewlmetal winglets, so I have zero buffeting unless there is a decent cross wind or I'm in traffic with larger trucks causing turbulence.

Woody, sounds like you are just a bit taller than me, so I would think the 15" or 16" would work for you, but you might not be happy with the 14".

Cheers,
Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.