Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New speakers, Plasti-dip airwings and headlight bezel

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jagular 
#1 ·
Well, it wasn't all bad news for me this week, even with the crappy OEM center stand fiasco.

I had a couple of days to do some mods, as well.

I upgraded my front speakers from 5.25 to 6.5. I went with the JL Audio C2 650x speakers. I used the the 6.5' speaker adapter for HD from Cycle Sounds, http://www.cyclesounds.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=215, as the adapter rings. With my Rockford Fosgate mini-amp, these 6.5" speakers are noticeably louder and clearer. What would've been a 10 or 11 speaker volume is now a 6 or a 7 and I don't have any distortion. The fairing fit was tight but it worked.

Also, I used Plasti-dip spray on my airwings and headlight bezel. This stuff is amazing (and the fumes are friggin' toxic!). But they came out great. I've already ordered (back-ordered) the factory black headlight bezel and was tired of waiting so I decided to do my current bezel in black with the Plasti-dip. The great thing is that I can easily remove the black coating and return the headlight to chrome when my black one arrives so I can swap if I decide.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great! thumb up

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
do you need to remove the fairing to mount the amp or can you go in from the front headlight, plug and play? thanks
Nope, you'll have to take off the outer fairing and that is really easy: remove the windshield, the front headlight assembly, the speaker covers, then remove something like eight screws, pull from the bottom to loosen the fairing, then pull from the top to unseat it, pop the connectors off of the turn signal cables and your outer fairing is off!

also you say you went to a 6.5" speaker but the ones you have listed are 6 3/4" according to crutchfield...what am I missing???

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XLUbqu3ry8c/p_136C2650X/JL-Audio-C2-650X.html
A quarter of an inch. :ltr:

You're right. They're 6.75". Even better. cheers

#6 ·
Jagular
Say what do you think of the air wings. Do they cut buffeting way down. Are the good in the hot weather.

Your painting looks good glade you made the effort to be different.

#7 ·
The air wings work great in conjunction with the factory lowers. There's a particularly bad area of wind and traffic chop on I-580 here. If I leave the air wings open, with my lower windshield, the one in the pictures, I can still get some buffeting through that area (otherwise, I get clean air, without turbulence). If I shut the air wings in that area, I get zero buffeting. It's, frankly, amazing at how well they work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.