Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New XCT in Red

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  TN Rider 
#1 ·
In one hour I'm leaving the office to pickup my 2013 XCT. Not just one but two Harley's are being traded in, a Street Glide and a Softail Deluxe. Wifey is going back to passenger status for now. A co-worker has an 05 8-Ball w/ only 6K miles he wants to sell. I may have to jump on that. I've already ordered the low beam HID from Crossroad, spent most of the $500 in free accessories on two pair of upgraded/Kicker speakers and the trunk bag. Probably spend the final $60 on some swag. The usual stage 1 upgrades are in the near future, just not sure which direction I want to go with the mufflers. I need to get more details on just how the shop I'm getting my bike from modifies the stock mufflers and at what cost. Otherwise, probably Witchdoctors or RPW but ultimately it'll come down to whatever is going to best match up wiht the eninge work I'll have done: Lloydz cams and timing gear. Need to speak with ole boy up in Iowa.

#2 ·
Just picked my up in red the other day, dealer threw in a 5 year warranty at no extra charge, might be worth asking for that....

#5 ·
Exciting times! Congrats. Watch out for sore face muscles from excessive smiling. The rest of the journey should be pain free. cheers

#19 ·
... Be prepared to hear some smack from your HD riding friends though...
You'll hear it until they can't keep up with you in the twisties and you walk away from them on the highway on-ramp (unless they have a lot of $$$ in their motor).

#11 ·
Ok you guys. Lets see em!! Photos are required items when posting news of you're new purchases. LOL.

#12 ·
Here's my new one

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

#14 ·
I used to like my Street Glide but when my wife decided she wanted to trade her softail for a bagger but didn't want an FLH, we looked at the CC and we liked it. She said if she gets one, then I have to as well. I wasn't awash in HD kool-aid even though we owned two of them and had no problem with that. Funny thing happened along the way: Last week we traded her Solara for a Mercedes Benz. As a result of inherriting a car payment as the Solara was paid off, I decided we were going to downsize to just one bike and went with the XCT instead. I'm going to need another car before too long as my TL has over 200K on the clock and I didn't want 4 vehicle paymnets. Long story short, I think the CC/XCT are just better than the Glide and Ultra. The hogs do have some things that are better but they are minor in the overall picture. Things like audio and cruise control switches, more solid feeling saddlebag lids/locks don't make a bike. After only 40 miles, I can feel such a difference in ride comfort, power, handling, braking and so on. Not only that but how many more decades is Harley going to use the same fenders, bags, fairings and so on? Those FLH's are stuck in the 70's and too many manufactoring flaws with the engines have taken their reliability to pre EVO standards. I won't miss wondering if my bikes were going to be next to have major issues.

#15 ·
Just a heads up on some things I think would look great on your blacked out XC with red paint job. These red detail items are on someone's Hard Ball and were bought from Witchdoctors.

These are Ness Modular Bars in black. JMHO of course but I think they would look fantastic on your bike

We are lucky these days to have many vendors who have a large selection on X bike parts. Cycleops, Witchdoctors, HMD, Kewlmetal, and Ness, to just name a few. I think I have parts on my XC from all of them... of course it will take the rest of my life to pay for them but what the heck, eh! :D

#16 ·
I actually have the Tour but the red parts look great on the blacked out CCs. The shop I purchased my bike from isn't real big but they do have some items from some aftermarket vendors and the salesman has Lloydz parts on his bike. They have done cam installs and the like so I'm feeling comfortable going back there for the work when the time comes.

#18 ·
No worries, a blacked out Tour would look good as well, especially with the red. Not so much with the blue and bronze.

On and unrelated note, those stickers were the biggest pain to get off. I've purchased several brand new bikes over the years and none were anything like that. The ABS was easy but the engine guard and tank took some effort. I was able to scrape off the one on the guard without knicking the chrome but the tank was a pain until I applied some heat with a blow dryer. Victory needs to consider static stickers. Oh well, once and done at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.