Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New Parts and Dyno

15K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  TN Rider 
#1 ·
So I decided I needed some new items and more power from my XR. I ordered the Freedom Performance Duals and a PCV. I did a baseline dyno run for power/tq and AF. 86hp, 103 TQ with the Stage 1 ECU, strip removed, Vic air filter and Chesapeake Cycles aftermarket slip on exhaust. They have them made by someone with a larger exhaust outlet ( 2 inch versus 1 1/2). The AF ratio was lean at idle, lean further between 2500 and 4000 and good above 4000 and between 1500 to 2500. Cruising RPM was not smooth at all so the addition of the aftermarket controller is much needed for better power and all around riding. The pipes will be here in about 2 weeks so stay tuned!

#58 ·
So are you thinking that you will go back to a 2-1-2 system with the factory head pipes and a set of slip on mufflers such as the D&D or the RPW? Or are you just going to run with the true duals?

On the positive side though I bet the bike sounds great. I love that true dual sound I just don't like the performance hit that usually comes with it.

Also, after the cam install. How do you like the Victory 106 now compared with the 113" in the Raider? I love my XC but if I had one thing to complain about it's just that the factory 106" really isn't anywhere near the engine that the 113" is. The 106" is perfectly adequate but I sure miss that extra torque from time to time. I'm going to install cams one of these days to remedy that though.

#59 ·
You WILL lose low end torque with the cams! With my Vision, I was able to recoup most of what I lost by using Lloydz variable intake adapter along with the adjustable timing wheel. The adjustable intake, however, did more to recover my lost TQ. With the X bikes, you don't have that option. Just something to think about....

#64 ·
If you like the XC and you like the Yamaha 113 motor...

I know someone with a 120" Strat (103mm bore/118mm stroke). It still has stock cams. It makes 105/140 for power. My 104" Vic motor (103mm bore/102mm stroke and 16 CI smaller) made 120/130... I'll take the Vic motor any day.

#65 ·
I was actually planning on buying a Strat Deluxe just like that but when it comes to a bagger Yamaha hasn't got anything on Victory. While the 113 motor is awesome that bike still has a tiny fuel tank, only 5 speeds, and no real touring options. And the larger fuel tank and 6th gear was a big selling point to me. I have absolutely no regrets going with the Victory.

You point about the 120" strat is also absolutely true. On the Yamaha engines, it's basically not worth going past the standard air filter, pipes, and tuner because after that you don't get much bang your buck. Because of that long stroke you can't spin that 113" up fast enought to make any serious HP. The Victory engines have a lot more potential if you are looking at making serious HP. So people are are going to do hard core engine mods to make HP (like Half Crazy) are much better off starting with the Victory as a base then really just about any other V-twin.

#66 ·

This rag. 107 S&S with blower cost less than Crazys motor work and would run right beside his Vic. If I had Crazys money I'd throw mine away. Cheaper ways of doing things.
How much you got in your motor Craz??thumb upcheers

#67 · (Edited)

This rag. 107 S&S with blower cost less than Crazys motor work and would run right beside his Vic.
So he bought an S&S 107" engine AND a Supercharger for less than I spent? If you bolt that supercharger on a stock Harley it will scissor a crank in short order. Is that a CARBURETOR??? Do they have a kit for FI yet?

If I had Crazys money I'd throw mine away. Cheaper ways of doing things. How much you got in your motor Craz??
Ya don't have to be rich, just smart. I bought this bike with 1500 miles on it for $10,583 out the door. To duplicate my mods, including exhaust, TTI, PC-III, Rev Extend, 31 tooth pulley, tach, 110" stroker/big bore, heads done, cams, clutch, balancing, and labor.... dropping a stock bike off at Lloydz and picking it up all done and tuned... A shade over $7,000.

So... under 18K. What did you spend?

I've seen the graph for Lloyd's supercharger. Below 5000 RPM my engine is WAY stronger.

With the superchargers you still need pipes and peripheral stuff.
With a turbo all you need is the turbo kit because it comes with airbox/exhaust/controller... The most cost effective power is probably the Aerocharger turbo package. Although I prefer naturally aspirated power, that package will definitely get it done.

Joe's bike already had pipes/airbox/controller. LLoydz did his 104" big bore, cams, and clutch for $3,250 installed and tuned. It makes 118/123 to the tire and runs 11.80s. THAT would be hard to beat...

Oh... one more thing. If I didn't have the cash to do something I wanted to do, I would get me a 'no interest for a year' credit card an do the buy-now-pay-later plan OR work a second job and save up the money. Like I always say "How badly do you want it?". If you're not willing to do what it takes to make something happen, then you must not REALLY want it.

Boys and girls, ya gotta pay to play. If you're not willing to make it happen, don't hate on me because I AM. Lots of guys sit around wishin' and dreamin' about the way they would want the bike to be... if they could afford it. I say stop dreamin' and make it happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.