Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Big slash exhaust - fitment

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Tachdriver 
#1 ·
I am trying to install the v-1010 RPW big slash exhaust on my 2011 Voctory Jackpot and I cannot see any way in hell that this pipe is going to go on....without damaging the bike or pipe or both. I checked the part number, is supposed to be for the 2005 and up Jackpot. I have removed the oil cooler, front foot rest, side rail.....is there a combination that I am missing ? The stock pie came off easily, since it is a two piece. But this one piece pipe does not want to go in. If the front fork post was not there, it might go. But that is welded in.
:mad:
Any tips ?

#3 ·
They gave you the right pipes...they are just a bitch to install. Most of the 2 into 1 pipes are difficult. If you do a search it might help you out. You have to put the front pipe in first at like a 45 degree angle and then twist and turn the rear pipe into the cylinder. When putting the front pipe in go past the opening in the cylinder, then insert it that way. Kind of orthodox but once you figure it out you will be easy. I had to take it to dealer and install cause I got fed up...but they told me how they did it. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Well anything helps. I have installed a lot of headers on cars in the past, but this one sucks. I will try going past the front cylinder opening as you state. I am a master at many tasks, with autos at the top of the list. I can follow any procedure if written right. also love puzzles, but so far this one has got me.

Thanks for all input. We will see thumb up

#5 ·
JB - you gave me some inspiration. I wnet back out to the garage and tried your angle and it looked like it had some merit - BUT there was a lot of stuff still in the way. For instance - The 2011 Jackpot oil cooler may be bigger than previous, so it had to be unbolted and left dangling so the front pipe could maneuvor. Then there was the rear stuff - in particular the Clutch cable and rear brake resouvoir, along with the PCV hose. I took these apart and moved them aside and THEN..................................................................Presto, I had the room I needed. Still had to wiggle here and there but it was looking, looking like it just might hit home - and they did !

And without a scratch whatsoever I must say cheers

I took pictures. Will upload them shortly.

For those installing these pipes or the two in one series on a 2011 or later, take notice. The instructions suck hard - like some chinaman wrote them.

Key to prevent scratch is to wrap them good. I wrapped mine in cloth, then a coating of painters tape and STILL that clutch cable wanted part of them - until I unbolted it and moved it aside.

RPW - rewrite these instructions. Follow my lead on this and future buyers can install them with this heads up. thumb up

Later

#6 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the install and the barriers that I ran into...

You will see the oil cooler displaced, along with the PCV hose taken apart and others. You can clearly see in that last picture the metal threaded sleeve for the clutch cable. That is what held me up on the first tries. One nut behind the main wiring harness frees that up to move toward the back of the bike and room is given.

As you can see, a LOT of stuff has to be moved out of the way to get these pipes in place. So far they look good. Tomorrow the last large muffler pipe goes on. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

Attachments

#12 ·
Here is the Big slash. Some more tips for those doing this. I coated the inside of the muffler pipe with a thin coat of Nickle-eze, antisieze. This promoted a lube to help slip the muffler into place. Still took a couple wraps of the rubber mallet. Then the alignment begun. I loosened the shield clamps and moved them around until I almost eliminated the gap bewteen muffler and shields.

Another tip - toss the bolt that Slash folks gave you to attach the muffler to the frame brace. That is a 5/16" threaded bolt. Get a 5/16" piece of all thread x 1.5" long. Add a dab of red loctite to one end and thread that into the muffler boss. Bottom it out. Then slip the frame brace over that and into position on the bike frame. Start the two bolts down there and the nut with flat and lock washer on the muffler stud. Tighten them up - so much easier. Try to start that Slash bolt they gave you in the blid spot - tough !

Waalaaa thumb up

Now on to the Lloydz vfc3 install and the Lloydz air box - then it goes back together.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.