Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Need new bars

3K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  g17jimmy 
#1 ·
I did what everyone will eventually do and dropped my bike a few weeks ago. The only real damage is to the handlebars(bent), a scuff on the front fender, and scuffed controls. I need to get new bars and want to change to something like a mini ape but don't know how much I can change without having to lengthen the electrical wires. I know I have to change the brake line no matter how little I change, the clutch cable has a good bit of room to move. What have you guys done? How far can you move the controls up without re-wiring?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I went the whole way and went with 16" and replaced all cables and ran the wires internally. Well worth I think. Would not have been happy with just mini apes.

#3 · (Edited)
Do you have pics? How much trouble was it to do the wires internally and what bars did you use? (looked at your 'garage' and see the pics, do you have any close ups of the left side, or in-progress pics?) Running the wires inside the bars sounds nice, but I don't have tons of time. Thanks!

#4 ·
No close up pictures, did not do any along the way pictures. I went with a set of drag specialties 16" 1.5' bars for a Harley. I used a Harley riser/clamp. Wires were a bitch, to many. LOL! I had a friend help me with them. Put all SS cables on it. I can probably get some pics. The bike is all tore apart getting tins painted. I would not go back one of the best things I ever did.

#6 ·
I will see what I can get for you. It will be around $400 -$500 to do them. I will try to get them tonight, but not sure if I will have time.

#8 ·
The cables I get from a guy in new mexico. I just gave him the original cable part number an he is able to come up with the rest do to the size of the bars. They are a custom order cable so it will take a little bit. Below is his information and some pictures of the bars.

Tim Bondurant
575-671-0050
Metric Magic
24116 Highway 70
Bent, New Mexico 88314
metric.magic@gmail.com

#9 ·
I need new bars too. I've been told not to return to the ones in my neighborhood. No sense of humor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.