Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Fork Lower

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Shock Happens 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how the fork lowers come off ?, im talking about the ones on the very bottom that the wheel is attached to. I hate the silver and would like to powder coat them, but im not sure how much of a PITA it is to get them off and back on..

#2 ·
They just snap on to the tube. They are high dollar plastic. They are just made out of plastic and are chromed(on my bike). They are very expensive to replace from Victory. Reading on here they do like to break off. When mine break I plan on making some out of steel. Be careful taking them off,they can break.

#3 ·
They don't come apart from the fork tube if I understanding your question correctly.
they can be powder coated by simply masking off the chrome fork tube. You do need to take the forks apart to do this though.

If you are talking about the plastic fork tube protectors that just snap on and off there isn't a way to powder coat them because they are plastic. You can, however, buy metal fork protectors made for the Kingpin that are already drilled and tapped to accept them on the fork lowers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.