Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Picked up the Judge

6K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Tarzan 
#1 ·
Put my first 250 miles on my Judge driving around the Island. Hitting as many turns and straightaways as I could. The bike is awesome. Cornering has great ease. I was scraping the peg knobs so I found my limit. The bike overall compared to my V92SC is amazing. You can really feel all the tech that Victory has applied to their bikes. I rode for about 4 hours straight, no pains today. The bike fits me perfectly. I am a tad over 6 and the handle bars and mid controls are nice to ride aggressively. I was only able to get up to a lil over 120 before the next upcoming turn. Trying to max it out to see the top end...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

I posted some pics in the show off my judge forum.

#2 ·
Pics

Here are some of the pics......

Attachments

#3 ·
Nice! Welcome on board! The judge looks darn good in black. I hope one day I can test ride it. I bet there are some really amazing scenic routes to take on the island. Do you guys ride around in shorts, tshirts and flipflops with no helmets? Have fun, ride safe! and keep us posted on your adventures.

#4 ·
Crash and burn....

Well,

I figured out the cornering ability of the judge. Laid the bike down going around a blind left hand turn. The speedo is stuck on 35 mph...so I guess that is how fast I was going. The speedo is not working anymore, which is frustrating. I rode her home, ego bruised and all. Sore, but only some minor scrapes. Nothing to write home about.

The ground slowed me down enough from going into a cattle fence and on to someone's property.

Will post pics later, but after doing a parts survey I am looking at 5 grand for restoration. Was dark when I got home, and the sun is not up yet.

Love the bike, just frustrated on the lay down.....bikes only 5 days old!

Safe riding.

#5 ·
Well,

I figured out the cornering ability of the judge. Laid the bike down going around a blind left hand turn. The speedo is stuck on 35 mph...so I guess that is how fast I was going. The speedo is not working anymore, which is frustrating. I rode her home, ego bruised and all. Sore, but only some minor scrapes. Nothing to write home about.

The ground slowed me down enough from going into a cattle fence and on to someone's property.

Will post pics later, but after doing a parts survey I am looking at 5 grand for restoration. Was dark when I got home, and the sun is not up yet.

Love the bike, just frustrated on the lay down.....bikes only 5 days old!

Safe riding.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. :( The bike's fixable, and it sounds like you made it out without much damage.

#8 ·
Glad to hear your ok, I imagine that the stock tires are **** + add in the lack of handling ability that the bike has + add in how hard you were pushing the bike to do something it cannot = disaster. Sorry man, ride safe...

#14 ·
Yup

Insurance will cover the damages, but I can do a majority myself and most is cosmetic. I figured I am blessed to afford to fix it myself, I will and not increase the stats on insurance repair and costs to the Kona community.

Let you know when I am up and riding again.

#12 ·
Photos from the damage

So...I took apart the bike. I had made some calls and I was able to get a guy to repair and repaint a majority of the parts for a price a lot less then buying a new one. Plus I am getting a lil custom paint done. Take a tragedy and turn it into an opportunity for something positive. Life...

Attachments

#15 ·
in the headlight bucket check to see when you laid it down if the connection to the speedo might have separated. The sudden impact loosed something up. These are not cable driven any more so I am guessing a loose connection. thumb up

#16 ·
Thanks

Thanks. It was disconnected. I re-attached the cable no worries. Going to Vegas for a lil R&R with the wife. Bike should be ready when I get back.

Remember our Veterans!

#17 ·
Finished....

So I had the repairs done....Took advantage of the number plate.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.