Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

License plate mounting bracket

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ukflyer 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of my bracket . Something isn't right. Leans back too much. Can someone post a pic or 2 of theirs so I can see how it is put together?
Thanks,
Roger
Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Fender Automotive wheel system

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
I tried to bend it up some but it is a tough bastard , and seems to be braced so it can't be bent very easily. I just wonder how mine got that way or was it replaced / repaired and installed wrong?
That is why I was looking to see what it is supposed to look like stock . Maybe as you said , a nice lay down plate would be the better way to go . Just gotta budget it out.

#7 ·
Just looking at this thread again and it hit me ......, what if it is put on the bike 180 degrees from the way it is supposed to be. That would explain the angle it has.
Only a couple of screws stand between you and the answer. thumb up

#9 ·
That wasn't it , but , I did figure it out . Someone had it apart at one time and didn't put it back together right. They didn't have the front bracket and rear bracket looked lined up and so they used their own bolts to hold it together , see the before and after pics.

Machine

Before
Sewing machine Door handle Metal

After
Motor vehicle Vehicle Scooter Fender Automotive lighting

Much straighter now

#10 ·
New Kingpin owner

Hi Guys.
I Already have a Vegas in the UK and am buying an older 2004 Kingpin for use in Florida. Haven't see it in the flesh yet, but have lots of photos. The only thing I really dislike is the license plate bracket. Can anyone tell me if this can be completely removed and another (legally) put either on the lower part of the fender or to the side (or anywhere other than it sticking up behind the passenger seat?

One other thing.. will I notice a big difference in performance between my Vegas 106 and the Kingpin 92 motors?

Many thanks Guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.