Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

new tire installation

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mds5x8 
#1 ·
Hey guys, sorry if this has been discussed already...I tried to search but didnt find what i was looking for.

I purchased a used jackpot a few months ago, and need to get new tires. I bought the tires actually online and had them shipped to my place as the local dealer was more expensive. My question is what should I expect to pay for mounting the tires on the bike? Local dealer says its just labor time but wont really give me a set price. I dont want to find out they are going to charge me 3 hours labor for something that seems like it could be relatively quick if you have the right tools. I dont mind paying for good service, just dont want to be hoodwinked. What have you been charged for this in the past? Should I take it to another bike shop (non dealer)?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Typically, about $25 per wheel. I had to switch dealers, since the local HD shop doubled their tire mounting prices on me. Now I either go to Freedom Cycle, or take it to Dyno Mike Wilson's shop. He knows his $hit about everything V-Twin.

#4 ·
heads up leave pulley off for mounting of tire. Are pulleys are to big for tire machines. After tire is mounted put pulley on for balancing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.