Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

HID headlight issue

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  shooter 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 cc with high and low HID lights, but i am having an issue.When i turn the key on my low beam comes on no issues i wait 10 sec i flip the kill switch on and start the bike and the low beam shuts off. I usually have to use the high beam the low wont come on.once i shut the bike off and start all over again the low works and when i start the bike it goes off again. does anyone know what could be the issue. this is an expensive part and i am not enjoying it.I bought the bike with the HID installed already so i dont know much about it. some few rare times the low beam did stay on thru the start up. :confused::confused:

#2 ·
Open up the fairing, and completely switch the low and high beam kits (not just he bulbs, but the ballasts too). Then test again and see if the problem is gone.

While you're doing that, take a picture of the ballasts/bulbs. I'm curious what you have there. I will at least be able to tell you if it's one of my kits, or some other kit that was adapted to your bike.

#4 ·
Removing the chrome bezel is simple. So is unplugging the HIDs. Yes, unplug the ballast and bulb and swap them - then test the low beam to see if it still has the issue. And take a picture of the kit when you have it out, in case this doesn't fix your problem, the picture might help us figure out what else is wrong.

#6 ·
Enjoy it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.