Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

handle bars

15K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  tfkp 
#1 ·
What would you guys suggest? I have the stock bars on my bike right now but I just need them to come back a little more towards me. I just put on my lindby bar and it allows me to stretch out pretty good and situate the ass in a comfortable position. However, when I throw my feet up on the bar, it makes me lean back more and I start to loose grip. Don't know if I want to go to a ape hanger style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#6 ·
This is the second thread I have seen tonight on this subject. Before you start spending money, loosen 4 bolts and drop your OEM bars 2 inches to just above the tank. I'll be watching for the "wow, what a difference" response. cheers

#8 ·
So I finally ordered some 1.5" risers. They did not come with any hardware. I have not had it apart yet, but from looking at the parts breakdown, it looks like the stud, item #5, may no longer be long enough. Will I need to get a longer one?

#17 ·
Well this has kind of got Hijacked from my question. I took my handlebars off today and yes the stud is too short. So I need to find newhardware now, if anyone can point me to the right place. In the meantime I will be looking.

#21 ·
They are fine sources and I use them regularly for commodities stuff, especially for will call.

The king though is McMaster Carr. Click http://www.mcmaster.com/

They are the shiznit and the catalogue (which they will send you anyways but it's worth asking for) is the best bathroom reader you will ever get your hands on. Plus old ones are great for putting under a kickstand if you need the bike standing just about upright.

Oh yeah, phone and internet orders are always next day to the door.
I got no stock in McMaster to be talking them up. Fact is they are the bomb. They stock what they list and they deliver RFN. Just be prepared to pay for that kind of service.

Honorable mention to MSC Direct too. Click http://www.mscdirect.com/
Kind of a McMaster light but damn good too.

#23 ·

So I got them installed, Lowes had a M10 X 1.5 X100 bolt, I was surprised. It was the longest bolt they had but it was exactly the one I needed. The new riser and originals don't exactly line up so I need to work on that, but I sure like the way they feel.

#24 ·
One big advantage I have noticed about adding these risers is I can see out of my mirrors much better now. Maybe I just didn't have them adjusted correctly before.

#25 ·
Do the stock risers fit into the cup of the extension? I've noticed different diameters for the extensions. Does it a matter

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
I built a set of riser extensions about 3" long and loved the feel so this winter i decided to replicate the height with a set of bars. fun project now to get them powdercoated lol !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.