Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Hello from Maryland!

6K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  jlynch34 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Nathan from Maryland here.

Today I had one of the most anticipated deliveries to my front door I've had to date.

Not only is she my first Victory, she's my first non sportbike motorcycle ever. She's a 2008 Victory Vegas 8-Ball, as I'm sure you more experienced folks already knew from the picture. 5,500 miles, just arrived today from Minnesota. Cleaned her up a bit and introduced her to her new home. I can't wait to get to know you all better and learn about these beautiful bikes!

Any tips for a guy new to Victories for things I should check now or look out for in the future? Cool accessories people like to do? I'm in the dark at this point.

See less See more
#15 ·
Welcome!

Hey all,

Just picked up my '08 Vegas 8-Ball.

Anyone around the Bowie area? I know there are a lot of bikes that meet at the Glory Days here, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.
Sweet bike! Who was the transport service? They did a nice packaging job.

#3 ·
Welcome Nathan, a good lookin ride you picked up! I just spend some time up in MD with my company and dropped into Victory of Southern MD. Great group of folks there and a good reputation from what I heard from a couple other VIC riders I met up that way. I've heard good things about Chesapeake Cycles as well. Thought I would throw a couple dealers your way. You will enjoy the forums here! Great group of folks and ALOT of knowledge. Safe ridin!!!

Tim

#4 ·
Welcome to Victory and the Victory Forums!

#7 ·
Welcome...I'm in Silver Spring...
There are a few mods you may want to consider but depends on what you are looking for...more power or just more cosmetic
Some good sites to check out are
1) Lloydz.com
2) conquestcustoms.com
3) kewlmetal.com
4) cycleopsusa.com
5) buywitchdoctors.com
6) noemtz.com
These are just a few but there are some more out there.

#12 ·
thumb upthumb upthumb upas stated,since you have the aftermarket exhaust
the first thing i would do is purchase a good aftermarket
intake,s&s,lloyds,etc. it kind of defeats the purpose of
having aftermarket pipes without having a good intake.
click on the "search"button at the top of the page and you
will find a lot of info on the subject.
basic things to check are: tires for dry rot and check your air pressure (check your service manual for psi) if you have one,
if not i think you can download one off of this site.
check your brake pads (espicially the rear pads,the stock
pads on the rear wear out extremely fast,i know mine did).
of course check your oil,and dont be afraid to ask questions
there are alot of good people on this forum to help.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm glad to see there are a few of you within arm's reach! Do any of you go to any weekly gatherings in the spring or summer? It'd be great to put some faces to names. I really appreciate those links, those will be extremely useful. I also appreciate the basic tips such as an aftermarket intake, etc.

Jbb01 I used to live in Silver Spring before I bought my current house. Where are you exactly? I lived next to Kennedy High School.

Evilive69, I was up and down Rt 3 all day today, getting tags for the bike, and doing emissions on my Jeep. I got caught in a nasty traffic jam in the southbound lanes around 2pm, any idea what happened? I ended up turning around and taking 424 around the long way.

Be safe out there!

#19 ·
Nice ride thumb up

I am in Upper Marlboro right down the road from you, I am usually down for some riding. If you guys ever want to do a ride let me know. Weeknights after 5pm I can usually do and afternoons on the weekend.

#20 ·
I'm in downtown silver spring area. Looking to move however to olney/brookeville area for some more land. Getting free time for me is tough with a 3 yr old and 9 month old...but I will make timecheers

Just set something up and we'll all show up!

#21 ·
Nice Hammer, you're not far at all. I'm off weekends in May, I'm thinking we could get a cruise going one of those weekends. JBB let me know when you can get a free second, I can only imagine how busy you are with little ones running around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.