Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

106ci performance upgrades

13K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HammerDS 
#1 ·
My '09 hammer is stock with the 106ci engine and the 2-into-1 Victory performance exhaust. I dropped the rear 1" which improved the look to me. Now I'm considering bumping up the HP. What's your opinion of the next best performance upgrade. This thing runs great, I'm just looking at options to tweak it some. Looking to get the best bang for my buck on the upgrades. I'm somewhat of a newbie to this kind of riding. My last bike was a 650 V-star.

#2 ·
I would make a call to Lloyd's and talk to him...probably a cam job (if you don't want to go inside the block....)cheers

#3 ·
Depends on what your budget is...better airbox ($300) or cams and pistons ($1500). Not much in between. For what its worth I started with aftermarket pipes, airbox and fuel controller and can tell big difference in hp. Spent about $1200 for all three.
Cams and pistons would yield best results but fig at least 2K after labor.

#4 ·
Lloyds is suppose to have a drop in cam that doesn't require changing the carriors for around $350-400. These bikes respond well to better cams. I'm thinking about doing these when they get them in, last of the month maybe. These and a PCV and a dyno tune should set it free.

#5 ·
Drop ins are not yet available. Nor are the original VM1's at this time, and yes vs any other available cam; it is WELL worth waiting for.

First things first though. An S&S intake and remap is a great place to start, and you need a good intake for any other upgrades. If you do go with a set of cams down the road. I would advise skipping the over priced, and expensive to tune PCV, and go with a VFC3.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice. When the drop in cams are available without needing the expensive carrier, I will probably do that.
Meanwhile, I am planning to keep things under $1G for the first bit of upgrades. It looks like Lloydz has an airbox for $310, and S&S has one a little cheaper but doesn't fit the later models. Maybe I should combine the LLoydz airbox with a VCF3 and then get this thing tuned in at the dealer. That should pick up a few horsepower (maybe 5-10?) and get things started. Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.