Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Supercharger

14K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  busajack 
#1 · (Edited)
[/URL][/IMG]

I just saw a picture on the Victory Riders Network Facebook page of a Cross Country with a supercharger on it.

It wasn't the greatest picture, but it was sitting down where the battery is now.

Anyone ever seen or heard of a kit for the CR/CC?

See less See more
#4 ·
somebody is digging the blackout pieces on that bike.

#7 ·
Lloydz Motorworks posted this last night on their Facebook page:
Heres a Dyno graph of our Supercharged XC
We have had some hurdles to jump and on one of them we actually tripped and broke a leg, so the healing process was a little longer than expected. (Lloydizm). We have been redesigning the kits to make them easier to bolt on and less work for us to assemble which translates into less money for the kits with less parts and fabrication.
The motor is stock with a set of VM1 cams in place, Stock injectors and STOCK exhaust system. The rev limiter is set @ 5900 RPM’s and this kit makes 9 PSI of boost and It is an intercooled kit. I wanted to see the limitations of the stock component for which we maxed out our power by running out of injectors.
The kits as delivered on a stock exhaust with VM1 cams will produce the number you see on the graph.
Larger injectors, a higher Rev limiter and redesigned cams and we are now in the 160 hp category all very street-able with conservative boost.
One of the drawbacks to this kit will be the time needed on our end to properly make instructions and video outlining the install. I am still pushing to get these to market well before the spring season but in the mean time we WILL BE ACCEPTING APPIONTMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS TO COME HAVE THEM INSTALLED HERE FOR XC AND VISION MODELS ONLY so we can verify fitments throughout different bikes of the same models

#10 ·
wac

cheers

wac

#12 ·
Its going to be around 5k especially if its coming with an intercooler.

#13 ·
OK...

The Turbo kits are just over $5K. The advantage is that they come complete with FI controller, airbox, exhaust.... everything.

With the supercharger you will still need to buy exhaust (unless you like stock) and I'm not sure what other peripherals, which will add cost.

Being a belt driven hair-dryer type supercharger, the power increases with RPM. It doesn't have the low end grunt I would expect from 8 psi.

..............................Blown Bike...................................My 110
Reaches 100 ft lbs: 2600 rpm-------------------------2450 rpm
Reaches 120 ft-lbs: 4200 rpm-------------------------3150 rpm
Reaches 100 HP:---4300 rpm-------------------------3900 rpm

At 3000 rpm the blown bike is down 9 HP and 15 ft/lbs... and at 4000 rpm it is down 14 HP and 15 ft-lbs. The 8 psi blower only has an advantage from 5000 to 6000 rpm (1000 rpm wide span) where the naturally aspirated bike has an advantage anywhere below 4900 rpm (well over 3500 rpm wide). Average HP/Torque is higher on the naturally aspirated bike (101/120 average from 2500 to 6200).

Not to be a negative nancy or defend something simply because it's what I have... but if it's mine I will choose the naturally aspirated/no boost/no nitrous path to performance every time. Especially on a daily driver/street ridden machine. If there's one thing my experience has taught me it's "Mild is wild". I always shoot for best average power across the tach. I'll trade you a dozen HP at the top of the tach for a dozen ft-lb average increase across the tach ANY DAY.

No replacement for displacement (measured in cubic dollars most times, LOL).

#14 ·
The other issue and only time will tell is the wear on the crank and bearings as a result of the pressure from the tensioner. I should sincerely hope they use a cog pully and not a smooth v grove...anyone know which they are using?

#15 ·
Craz, I agree on V twins, blowing twins is a black art. Wait should have said Vtwins:ltr:
Super charge or turbo a busa, rocket lll, ZX 14 or anything but a Vtwin and you will get your moneys worth.thumb up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.