Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Organized Tours

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  saddlebag 
#1 ·
Every year, RoadRUNNER Magazine (my employer) offers a number of organized tours in Europe and South America. Generally, these tours attract the BMW crowd, but as a fairly new member of this forum, and as I am very interested in how riding style goes hand in hand with motorcycle choice, I was wondering how many of you have been on a trip of this kind, and how many of you would like to? What would your dream trip be?

Here's a video that gives a good idea of the kind of tour I'm talking about:

#2 ·
Every year, RoadRUNNER Magazine (my employer) offers a number of organized tours in Europe and South America. Generally, these tours attract the BMW crowd, but as a fairly new member of this forum, and as I am very interested in how riding style goes hand in hand with motorcycle choice, I was wondering how many of you have been on a trip of this kind, and how many of you would like to? What would your dream trip be?
I have, I liked, I Beemered, I'd do again, preferably in the Pyrenees.

#4 ·
I would love to do a trip like that, especially now that I am out of the military and can actually plan a trip without risking my plans being thrown out! :ltr:

I would totally throw a skid plate on the bottom of the bike and hit those dirt trails on my XCT!

#6 · (Edited)
Hello RR David,

I took a 15 day tour out of Munich in Aug/Sep 2002. Had a GREAT time while riding 3500 miles on a BMW R1150RT.

I still have all the maps of each area we were in along with cards from hotels and books from the regions visited.

Trying to talk the wife into doing a self-guided tour utilizing the tour maps and my Garmin 660 loaded with the European maps.

Here's a couple of shots from the tour...

The North Italy Dolomites...

A castle around every corner...

Mountain passes...

and switchbacks...

I only have about 6000 digital pics!!

If you don't seize the chance to do this, you'll always regret it!!

And, YES, I'd do anywhere in Europe-particularly Switzerland, Austria, Northern Italy, Lichtenstein, Germany, etc again in a heartbeat!

Best Regards.

#7 ·
So Jealous! :rolleyes:
cheers
Hoping my new work schedule will allow me to do some trips like this. thumb up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.