Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Fracking 101

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Azdave 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I love to ride motorcycle (Victory and others) in W. Virginia.

If you've been thru there recently (particularly the western part) you would understand the extent to which fracking has taken over the area.

Gas lines are used to move the gas produced from fracking. Big ones make big explosions when someone makes a booboo.

#15 ·
Not to make light of the original story, but since no one was injured and everyone is accounted for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNBwqovI9U
That's fracking funny. :)

good idea, you be the first to buy the new electric powered bike, oh wait a minute, chances are the electric power used to recharge the battery so you can ride another 20 miles uses coal to produce the electricity :confused:
Actually, chances are they used something else to produce the electricity. Coal accounts for about 42% of the electrical production in the US and is declining rather quickly due to improvements in other areas. Not to mention the higher efficiency rate. Besides that, electric bikes won't have near the impact electric conventional passenger vehicles will.

#10 ·
What the frack are you guys fracking talking about?!?!? This is a fracking motorcycle forum! If you want to fracking talk about fracking then go to a fracking environmental site!

Frack!! I'm fracking done. :D

#14 ·
What the frack are you guys fracking talking about?!?!? This is a fracking motorcycle forum! If you want to fracking talk about fracking then go to a fracking environmental site!
The thread wasn't about Fracking per se, but exploding roads in W.Virginny. I just titled it fracking, because last time I was there, there was so much of it going on. Beautiful backroads were packed with enormous water trucks, crossing lanes, destroying the roads, and backing up traffic.

Don't take this as a complaint. I don't blame those people from taking advantage of their resources, just pointing out the reality of it all. As a motorcyclist, if you plan to travel thru, you may want to invest in a fireproof suit. cheers

#17 ·
If a well is drilled properly? What happens if not. Do a little research on some areas of the US with loss of trees, plants wild life. Sorry but time to crank up alternative fuels.

#18 ·
This incident had nothing to do with Fracking. The gas line that exploded was a main transmission line that brings natural gas from the Gulf of Mexico region. Apparently there had been some inspection issues that were overlooked and malfunctioning alarms at the control center. This is from the NTSB investigation team there now. Luckily no one was killed, this was bad. Lost five houses, damaged another four, burned a few vehicles and 800' section of all four lanes of a major interstate system(props to our DOH crew who had the road milled down and repaved in a matter of 19 hours). This all happened about 8 miles from where I grew up, still have a few friends in that area.

Here's a picture of I79 where it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#25 ·
You do realize without progressives nothing in this country would advance. Slavery, national parks, social security, Medicare, solar and alternative fuels, civil rights all thanks to progressives. Drill baby drill is idiot speak for status quo and not one new idea ever. BTW Progressives used to be in the Republican Party but since Teddy it has been the drill baby drill party. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.