Wolo bad boy mount - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
gamewarden

Default Wolo bad boy mount

I have seen this horn mounted in the fairing and behind the rear jug.
Is there room to mount where the factory horn is?

Thanks
Blue 2011 Cross Country, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy.
gamewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
NGArider

No.

People typically mount a relay there - activated by the stock horn wires - to power the Wolo wherever you choose to put it. It draws more power than you want to go through the horn button (switch).
KTM 950 Super Enduro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
See, this is what happens when a whole nation quits bitchslapping our kids. Stupid people do not even get the chance to learn the importance of keeping their mouths shut.
NGArider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
gamewarden

Will the relay be OK out there in the weather or should I wire that in the fairing along with the horn??? How many add ons can you put on the positive side of the battery. I already have battery tender and heated clothing harnesses there now?? I realize they are not all used at once.
Blue 2011 Cross Country, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy.
gamewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Reams

Garage

I have done some looking around on the bike I think that the horn could be mounted next to the battery. There is a big space beside the battery and it looks like it would fit there and be hidden from view.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
ALStensby

The relay will sit behind the chin fairing if you mount it to the horn location. Another option for mounting is under the rear fender on the subframe. I have mine there since it's an XR.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Pckrfan

I had one on my XR. Mounted it underneath the left saddlebag. I also bought a plug n play relay harness and taped it to he ECM? That sits behind the left panel below the seat. Worked for me....
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
wspollack

I put the relay where the stock horn was, and wrapped the relay - including the connecting-wire lugs - thoroughly in that stretchy tape that sticks to itself. I've used this tape to "fix" leaks in drain lines in my basement, and so forth; if you wrap a relay in this stuff, there's no way the elements are going to get to it.

My inside-an-XCT-fairing mounting is described in pics 8 - 16 of my gallery (link below).

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
NGArider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
Will the relay be OK out there in the weather or should I wire that in the fairing along with the horn???
Any automotive quality relay will be fine there. Just make sure you use good quality crimp connectors and either a good crimping tool or solder the wires to the connectors. I've seen a lot of bad connections due to suboptimal crimping and vibration. It is always a good idea to use heat shrink tubing to isolate the connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
How many add ons can you put on the positive side of the battery. I already have battery tender and heated clothing harnesses there now?? I realize they are not all used at once.
For a number of reasons, don't attach anything directly to the battery. There is a large fuse to the right side of the battery - use that.
As for electrical load you want to make sure your permanent loads (heated gear, lights, ECU, ignition etc.) do not exceed your alternator capacity.

But if you consider your horn a permanent load you might consider an alternate mode of transportation - perhaps a bulldozer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reams View Post
I have done some looking around on the bike I think that the horn could be mounted next to the battery. There is a big space beside the battery and it looks like it would fit there and be hidden from view.
I had the same idea - the space looks big enough, but on my bike (XCT - round bars/factory lowers) there is something in the way. I think it was the mount for the round bar.
KTM 950 Super Enduro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
See, this is what happens when a whole nation quits bitchslapping our kids. Stupid people do not even get the chance to learn the importance of keeping their mouths shut.
NGArider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement